Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

How best do I go about getting my cruiser bike?

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

How best do I go about getting my cruiser bike?

Old 01-28-22, 12:45 PM
birdmove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 15 Posts
A few suggestions. The Kent's Bayside, while it doesn't have an aluminum frane, it does have a seven speed derailer and hand brakes.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kent-26-B...ocoa/533940582

A company called Apollo has aluminum framed cruisers with either a seven speed derrailer and hand brakes, or with a Z three speed Shimano Moves internally geared hub. Thus one comes with coaster teat brake, but also a front hand brake. Do a search at Wal-Mart for these bikes. I already started a thread here about these here recently. The Apollos have no fenders. Also, A company with a huge selection is Sixthreezero.
screenshot of an aluminum three speed with an IGH trans :

Old 01-28-22, 12:54 PM
birdmove

Also Bikesdirect.com has an aluminum framed 7 speed retailer bike for $350. Called the Mango Macaw 7. They have IGH 3 speeds too, but these don't have a front hand brake. I think a 3 speed IGH with front hand brake would be fine to me.
Old 01-28-22, 01:03 PM
birdmove

The Priority Coast model is speedy at $500-$680 for a one speed or 3 speed IGH model respectively. But, they are aluminum and are designed from the ground up to never rust. They also have a Gates belt drive.
Old 01-30-22, 03:22 PM
jhonny45

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
you feel find the best between 500 and 700
Old 07-16-22, 03:37 PM
bikerbrett

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just got a Micargi beach cruiser Rover GX
I'm having some problems installing the front fender
I got to post 10 times to be able to upload photos so Im posting to the forums
Old 08-31-22, 12:18 PM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
I read you ride on average 15 miles or less. I have a aluminum Electra super deluxe with three speed rear hub. I have a 23T cog and 34T chainring currently it’s purely experimental. I did a 26 miles group ride and didn’t have any issues keeping up. I started with a 23T but plan to work my way down to 22t or 21t. I recommend this bike because it can be found second hand for fairly cheap. It has the same geometry that another Electra has that just came in second out of 30 for best beach cruisers out.

try the three speed it’s pretty cheap and easy to acquire

it’s still a “regular” size bike though
I also read that you have some pains in your back I think. I didn’t read thoroughly but if that’s the case it might be difficult to load any beach cruiser into and out of a vehicle. If that’s going to be a potential problem. Maybe look into a brompton folding bike. I’ve just seen them up close and was able to ask a lot about them. I like them they are cool in eyes and very light they can literally sit passenger in the car with you. You could use white walls on the brompton lol

Last edited by Nofiltercycling; 08-31-22 at 05:56 PM.
Old 08-31-22, 12:19 PM
Nofiltercycling
Mustard

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerbrett
I just got a Micargi beach cruiser Rover GX
I'm having some problems installing the front fender
I got to post 10 times to be able to upload photos so Im posting to the forums
I just put my fenders on and had some fitment issues. Turns out the arms that hold the fender to the bike can be different lengths watch out for that.

Last edited by Nofiltercycling; 08-31-22 at 01:26 PM.