Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Bibs recommendation for big thighs

Old 04-14-22, 08:16 AM
AmateurCyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bibs recommendation for big thighs

Ordinary bibs make my thighs look like the Michelin doll. Any recommendations???

(Is this the right form to post? Track sprinter usually have bigger thighs that normal. If it’s not a right place, please let me know and I’ll delete it, thanks!)
Old 04-14-22, 05:19 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
What brands have you tried?

I have big upper thigh but tapers and have good experience with a number of brands like PI, Sugoi. A friend has Foerstemann like thighs (he even has a pose off pic with him) and he just cuts off the lower leg collar on all his kit of various brands
Old 04-14-22, 06:25 PM
AmateurCyclist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've tried Champion System and CCN, they were both team kits, free. I was told these 2 brands are "****". My things shape like Foerstemann (but smaller, of cuz ), doesn't taper.

Is "PI" stand for "PEARL iZUMi"? Any particular model you would recommend?
Old 04-15-22, 09:37 PM
bicievino

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
This may not be a super helpful recommendation, but if you're ordering team kit, ordering up a size and asking for shorter legs has worked for me.
Old 04-15-22, 09:49 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Yes, PI is Pearl Izumi. No particular recommendations. I usually have 4-5 sets of bibs on rotation and they usually last a few years so what I have is always superseded when I go back. I don’t have particular brand loyalty, I just scour Euro sites for good deals as they’re selling out season stock when we are in season. I aim for good deals in the $AU100-150 range which generally gets me mid to high end stuff. Also worth noting that PI has stayed consistent in sizing through the years while most other brands have varied due to me generally taking a long time to re-purchase.

Campagnolo were hands down the best bibs I ever had, but I only found them right before they stopped making clothing. Kit I’ve had good experience with PI, Sugoi, De Marchi, Endura, Shimano, Assos. I still have some Castelli gear that was nice but they’ve gotten much less nice a fit for the bigger rider

My friend’s club kit is Champ Sys and I know he didn’t like them much, but the roadies had the power to choose and like them.