Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Interesting finds around the web

Old 08-12-21, 03:59 PM
bicievino

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Originally Posted by m@tty
While scouring the web today found these.

https://www.lfgss.com/conversations/356910/
Looks pretty cool. Wish they were race legal.
Old 08-15-21, 09:44 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
But that's exactly what Felt did with the TK1 Endurance and TK1 Sprint (or whatever they were called a few years ago. The Sprint model used a heavier layup.

So, maybe they are saving money by not creating separate Endurance and Spring molds for each given size. Maybe they are using the same molds and adding more carbon when the sprint frames are being produced. (I don't know if that's how it would go down. Not familiar with carbon fiber manufacturing.).
That's exactly how you would stiffen a frame using the same mold. The internal bladders just compress the the carbon lay up against the inside of a rigid mold. How you alter the lay up itself would make no difference in the methodology of how the frame is produced. Once you have your shape/mold, and general lay up figured out, you could then customize the level of compliance and stiffness just by playing around with different lay up schedules.
Old 08-15-21, 09:46 PM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

And looks like I have found the new frame!
https://worxbikes.com/product/track-wx-r-frameset/
Dead link, here is the correct one - https://www.wx-r.com/
Old 08-16-21, 04:16 AM
m@tty

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by taras0000
Dead link, here is the correct one - https://www.wx-r.com/
the link works fine and is for a different frame

https://worxbikes.com/track-wx-r/
Old 08-17-21, 10:44 AM
taras0000
Lapped 3x

Weird. It wasn't working for me before. It's an interesting frame. Price seems reasonable as well, especially considering that they are drawing their own tubes. Maybe they saw the hole left behind by Tiemeyer and decided that a well engineered frame that's not just an open offering from the factories still has a place amongst all the carbon that's the rage on the track.
Old 08-17-21, 03:17 PM
bicievino

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Yeah, the geometry on the long reach version looks great!
Old 08-18-21, 07:30 AM
carpediemracing 

Bikes: Tsunami road bikes, Dolan DF4 track

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked 173 Times in 97 Posts

wow. If I didn't have my frame already this would be the one for me to get. long version.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson
Old 08-18-21, 10:14 AM
Morelock

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Here is the
to the record attempts taking place today (Lambie's 3:59 attempt, multiple others)
Old 08-18-21, 02:12 PM
Morelock

Pretty flippin impressive
Likes For Morelock:
Old 08-25-21, 05:35 PM
m@tty

Another option for endurance bars
Likes For m@tty:
Old 11-17-21, 09:38 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 675 Times in 427 Posts
Looks like Look has a "new" mid-price track frame. https://www.lookcycle.com/be-en/895-vitesse

It seems to be an evolution of the R96, but at a lower price point.
Likes For topflightpro:
Old 11-28-21, 01:33 AM
m@tty

Mora Verdi appeared to have hoods bolted to a set of Worx bars at the UCI Champions league. Unless these are new bars from Worx.

better picture here!

Last edited by m@tty; 11-28-21 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-13-22, 06:35 PM
m@tty

New bars from Velo Flyer

Hellyer Track Bar 2 ? VELO FLYER BICYCLES

Agro Sprint Bar ? VELO FLYER BICYCLES
Old 02-05-22, 07:42 PM
theblackbullet

Bikes: I don't even

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 190 Times in 76 Posts
Mora Verdi appeared to have hoods bolted to a set of Worx bars at the UCI Champions league. Unless these are new bars from Worx.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CV-HamKM...dium=copy_link

better picture here!

these look very comfortable. I'd really like to try some of these hoods that have been coming out lately.
Old 02-07-22, 06:13 AM
Morelock

Originally Posted by theblackbullet
these look very comfortable. I'd really like to try some of these hoods that have been coming out lately.
Cane creek sells dummy hoods.

Some dude is trying to hawk the sketchiest 3d printed ones ever on FB marketplace lately... with a staggering misunderstanding of basic safety.
Old 01-05-23, 05:05 AM
RobertPaulson

Bikes: Dolan DF4, Tarmac SL7

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
just got a pair of the short reach narrow agro sprint bars - very nice, already it makes a small difference to my f200 time but now I need a longer stem!
Old 01-09-23, 10:33 PM
carpediemracing 

Originally Posted by RobertPaulson
just got a pair of the short reach narrow agro sprint bars - very nice, already it makes a small difference to my f200 time but now I need a longer stem!
Can you post a picture?

Also, in a different line of thought, do you think if a narrow stem is used, there is a chance of putting aero bars on it?

I'm interested in both the sprint bar but also a drop base bar.
"...during the Lance years, being fit became the No. 1 thing. Totally the only thing. It’s a big part of what we do, but fitness is not the only thing. There’s skills, there’s tactics … there’s all kinds of stuff..." Tim Johnson

Last edited by carpediemracing; 01-09-23 at 10:38 PM. Reason: because I have zero reading comprehension
Old 01-10-23, 10:38 AM
Dfarlow
Flintstone In Training

Bikes: 2021 Fuji Track Elite; 2015 Cipollini RB800; 2014 Specialized S-Works SL4 Ltd; 2013 Firefly Ti

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I currently have the Look Aero Track bars (370w / 83r / 117d) and am looking to go more narrow as well. This is what I'm considering so would like to get more feedback on your Agro bars.

1. VeloFlyer Agro Sprint Bars (310w / 85r / 90d) - on backorder til next Apr/May
2. VeloBike Sprint Bars (300w / 85r / 115d)
3. WX-R Carbon Sprint (300w / 85r / 120d)
4. Carrmato - DontStopPedaling (330w / 83r / 117d)

The Agro's drop would likely require the greatest bike adjustment, likely requiring removal of 20-25mm in spacers. But I really like how they are flared out seemingly contributing to a more natural/comfortable hand position, IMO.
Old 01-10-23, 10:54 AM
RobertPaulson

Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Can you post a picture?

Also, in a different line of thought, do you think if a narrow stem is used, there is a chance of putting aero bars on it?

Likes For RobertPaulson:
Old 01-10-23, 10:59 AM
RobertPaulson

Can you post a picture?

just get a second hand base bar, idk what supply is like in America but plenty around pretty cheap in the UK (seems like the TT scene has collapsed) - as long as its inside your body I can't see there is much advantage going narrower with the base bar but would think you just give away watts out of the gate with the loss of leverage (and probably the lower height with something like this)
Old 01-10-23, 11:06 AM
RobertPaulson

Originally Posted by Dfarlow
I currently have the Look Aero Track bars (370w / 83r / 117d) and am looking to go more narrow as well. This is what I'm considering so would like to get more feedback on your Agro bars.

1. VeloFlyer Agro Sprint Bars (310w / 85r / 90d) - on backorder til next Apr/May
2. VeloBike Sprint Bars (300w / 85r / 115d)
3. WX-R Carbon Sprint (300w / 85r / 120d)
4. Carrmato - DontStopPedaling (330w / 83r / 117d)

The Agro's drop would likely require the greatest bike adjustment, likely requiring removal of 20-25mm in spacers. But I really like how they are flared out seemingly contributing to a more natural/comfortable hand position, IMO.
These are the 310width and 85r. I did think about the 115r but the flat section of the drops is the same length on the 85 and the 115 (I would have waited for the 115r if the flat on the drops was longer but as it stood I just took what was there in stock). I was running dolan 30cms but felt the extra drop was costing me power so tried these out as an awesome christmas present from my wife! I really like them, bottom of the drops is wider than the dolans and the full aero 'thumbs up' section is narrower so better all around as far as I can make out (yes, its pretty marginal stuff - maybe 1rpm/0.5kph I think on a f200 running 128", not really run enough efforts on it yet to be sure thats real. need to stretch out the cockpit now).

I'm at an event on sat and one of the guys who is supposed to be coming runs the wx-r's, I'll try and get a photo of them side by side if he is (and I remember).

The 115r 310w are in stock now if you are not already at maximum uci reach?

Last edited by RobertPaulson; 01-10-23 at 11:15 AM.
Likes For RobertPaulson:
Old 01-10-23, 04:35 PM
carpediemracing 

just get a second hand base bar, idk what supply is like in America but plenty around pretty cheap in the UK (seems like the TT scene has collapsed) - as long as its inside your body I can't see there is much advantage going narrower with the base bar but would think you just give away watts out of the gate with the loss of leverage (and probably the lower height with something like this)
I haven't tried a standing start with a flatter base bar but if I wanted to replicate the height of my drops (or the drop of my drops) I'd need a much lower base bar. Hence the appeal of a non-TT bar that has a pretty open "drop" where it's easy to move the hands up and forward. Like that short lived 3T base bar that has rearward pointing "base bar hooks", versus forward facing ones.

Bonus would be if I could use the same "base bars" for normal mass start racing.

I was looking at the Profile Svet V or whatever their deep drop one is. The other option is to use my road stem which has 3 cm drop, and some marginally shallow drop base bar.

Honestly I have no idea how close I am to UCI limits up front. I know my saddle is close, and I also know that my preferred drops might be too low. On the road bike my drops are next to the tire. I'm not a big guy so I don't qualify for morphological exceptions but I suspect that I will be well within the limits, even if I stretch things out.
Old 01-11-23, 04:44 AM
RobertPaulson

I haven't tried a standing start with a flatter base bar but if I wanted to replicate the height of my drops (or the drop of my drops) I'd need a much lower base bar. Hence the appeal of a non-TT bar that has a pretty open "drop" where it's easy to move the hands up and forward. Like that short lived 3T base bar that has rearward pointing "base bar hooks", versus forward facing ones.

Bonus would be if I could use the same "base bars" for normal mass start racing.

I was looking at the Profile Svet V or whatever their deep drop one is. The other option is to use my road stem which has 3 cm drop, and some marginally shallow drop base bar.

Honestly I have no idea how close I am to UCI limits up front. I know my saddle is close, and I also know that my preferred drops might be too low. On the road bike my drops are next to the tire. I'm not a big guy so I don't qualify for morphological exceptions but I suspect that I will be well within the limits, even if I stretch things out.
I would think nearly all the custom narrow bars out there have some kind of bespoke diameter on the 'tops' that would mean clips on struggle. the worx alloy bar is far cheaper than the veloflyers and tbh very nearly the same dimension, I would suggest just get one of those and a proper base bar set-up second hand vs trying to bodge something with a 350usd bar
Old 01-11-23, 07:06 AM
carpediemracing 

vs trying to bodge something with a 350usd bar
Heh makes sense.

If I got them the primary function would be as a sprint bar. I'll have to check my set up and measure things out.

*edit somehow missed everything above it. Thanks for pictures, that helps. And I have a cheap/used base bar but it's flat and I've been experimenting with getting it lower with stems and such, but no real luck.
Old 01-11-23, 11:11 AM
RobertPaulson

Heh makes sense.

If I got them the primary function would be as a sprint bar. I'll have to check my set up and measure things out.

*edit somehow missed everything above it. Thanks for pictures, that helps. And I have a cheap/used base bar but it's flat and I've been experimenting with getting it lower with stems and such, but no real luck.
personally I find I have better power out of the gate with the base bar higher (and aero is not that much of an issue for the first 3/4 lap where I tend to transition), can you not get the poles and pads low enough to get your body horizontal and helmet inside your frame viewed from the front with the current base bar or you want to the base bar grips for starts to be lower (like the same height as sprint bar drops?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.