Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Praxis compatibility

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Praxis compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-23, 02:47 PM
Terfer944

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
Praxis compatibility

I currently build a road bike and planning to use a Centaur 11 speed groupset. But i get the option for really cheap Praxis Zayante carbon crankset (and for using it in the past i kinda love the feel and the ring compatibility). But i always use it on Shimano group. Did someone use Praxis crankset on Campy (they claim to be 100% compatible) but with campy ... i always prefer have feedback !
Old 03-06-23, 10:59 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4377 Post(s)
Liked 1,552 Times in 1,017 Posts
I don't see a problem with Campy mechanical. I did see a rather big issue with recent EPS because it is spaced differently than other cranks and EPS has no limit settings.
Likes For Kontact:
Old 03-12-24, 03:01 PM
Terfer944

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 6 Posts
UPDATE (if someone looking for 1 year ''review/update'')

Praxis crank on campy work great and also with shimano at the same time for the test and my current bike (I get back to school so i sold my Teammachine and i build that bike for next to nothings)

Groupset tested Campagnolo Centaur 11s (Current version as 2024)
- Centaur cassettes with Centaur chain on Praxis great (11-29 or 11-32)
- 105 Cassette with centaur chain on praxis great IF you have 11-32 but not on 11-28 (Not tested the 11-30)
- 105 cassette with ultegra chain (CN-HG701) work good but less nicely as the Centaur one (next time i try the unclassed campy ''Potenza'' rank )

Interesting note when i build it they say on there website campy for compatibility for chain but now they remove it and add the flat top sram one who at the time i build it was not.

So review of that crank really light and still and kinda love the fact you can have a crankset for life (with that shimano/sram/campy compatibility in 10/11/12 speed)
Current setup (Felt AR3 2013 with Campy centaur 11s 2024 (shifter/front and rear mech/chain/brake) Praxis Zayante Carbon 52-36 first gen with m30 praxis BB (A really nice idea and work great but kinda a pain to find those) with fulcrum racing 7 with shimano hub and 105 11-32 cassettes (R7000)

It's not the beauty shot but to give a idea
Likes For Terfer944: