Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Looking for the year my Bianchi was built.

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-17, 02:39 PM
imgardengirl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I am looking for the year of my BIanchi "Campione del Sol". Serial #-A589195. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.
Old 08-17-17, 12:34 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1390 Post(s)
Liked 1,322 Times in 835 Posts
Possibly early 1985 or 1995. Pictures and a list of original components (if any are still available) would help us narrow it down.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 08-19-17, 10:46 AM
Hummer

Bikes: 1981 Raleigh GP, 1985 Norco Bush Pilot, . . .

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked 187 Times in 136 Posts
Originally Posted by imgardengirl
I am looking for the year of my BIanchi "Campione del Sol". Serial #-A589195. Anyone familiar with this? Thanks.
Hello imgardengirl, welcome to the forum. I have seen that format of Bianchi serial number before. It is probably from the 1990s. The first digit in the serial number indicates the year, so 1995, as suggested in an earlier post. I know it is not easy to figure out how to add pictures to you post, but pictures help when trying to date bicycles.
Old 09-04-17, 07:00 PM
imgardengirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry, that is "Campione del Mondo" Thanks for any information you can give me. Trying to attach photos.
Old 09-04-17, 07:29 PM
imgardengirl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Sorry, that is "Campione del Mondo" Thanks for any information you can give me. Trying to attach photos.
Old 09-05-17, 06:48 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2925 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
Originally Posted by imgardengirl

Good Morning You need to help us help you. The actual Campione del Mondo was made several different years and the name was dropped and revived several times. Most every Bianchi built after 1986 had some sort of sticker saying Campione del Mondo celebrating the 1986 World Road racing Championship win by Bianchi.

Please tell us more about your Bianchi. Is there anything that tells what brand the tubing is? Tange? Reynolds? Are there any names on the Componets? Ofmega? Miche? TTT? Suntour?

Can you post a few pics? If your having trouble with that email me a few at BianchiGirLL@yahoo.com and I'll try and post them.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-09-17, 12:45 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2925 Post(s)
Liked 2,921 Times in 1,489 Posts
I got an email the other day but forgot about it. I think these pics belong with this thread. I can't seen to narrow it down much more than a '90s frame, note threaded HS, but some later parts, especially the Centaur shifters.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BIANCHI 002.jpg (102.6 KB, 77 views)
BIANCHI 005.jpg (99.6 KB, 74 views)
BIANCHI 006.jpg (94.5 KB, 74 views)
BIANCHI 007.jpg (102.1 KB, 75 views)
BIANCHI 008.jpg (95.3 KB, 74 views)

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-28-20, 11:13 AM
CampioneDeCasa

Bikes: Bianchi Brava, Bianchi Vittoria, Framed Savona, Lotus Eclair, Lotus Aero Sport, Trek Marlin

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
What a coincidence!

Well let's hope someone else is checking in on old threads, but I had a couple questions about a Bianchi I just picked up and it looks almost identical to this late 90s blue frame. I've been digging through several websites, but it seems that none of the original builds match all the components of the bike I got. If anyone has any insight, I'd be most grateful.

As far as the bike goes, the guy I bought it from claimed it to be an early 2000s veloce. It has the same signature across the top tube and is that same color of blue, which is apparently a very telling feature as the color was not available every year of manufacture. My questions arise since the wheels, bars, and fork material don't seem to match with any online resources, so my guess at a 2002 veloce is just that, a guess. Anyway, specs:

SN: promise I'll grab it. The BB is currently covered up

Frame: Blue bianchi veloce w/ Dedacciai cro mo tubing also has a badge saying superset fully lugged

Fork: also Dedacciai cro mo

Groupset: full campy veloce gruppo

Wheels: campy Mexico 68 with Vittoria zaphire 700c x 25 tires

Bars: 3ttt forma SL drop bars

Also should mention that the bike has made.in Italy stamped on it at least 4 times. Added pics, but I'm too new here. Oh well. Thanks for any help!
Old 09-28-20, 11:47 AM
stardognine
Partially Sane.

Bikes: Soma Saga, pre-disc

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 972 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by CampioneDeCasa
Well let's hope someone else is checking in on old threads, but I had a couple questions about a Bianchi I just picked up and it looks almost identical to this late 90s blue frame. I've been digging through several websites, but it seems that none of the original builds match all the components of the bike I got. If anyone has any insight, I'd be most grateful.

As far as the bike goes, the guy I bought it from claimed it to be an early 2000s veloce. It has the same signature across the top tube and is that same color of blue, which is apparently a very telling feature as the color was not available every year of manufacture. My questions arise since the wheels, bars, and fork material don't seem to match with any online resources, so my guess at a 2002 veloce is just that, a guess. Anyway, specs:

SN: promise I'll grab it. The BB is currently covered up

Frame: Blue bianchi veloce w/ Dedacciai cro mo tubing also has a badge saying superset fully lugged

Fork: also Dedacciai cro mo

Groupset: full campy veloce gruppo

Wheels: campy Mexico 68 with Vittoria zaphire 700c x 25 tires

Bars: 3ttt forma SL drop bars

Also should mention that the bike has made.in Italy stamped on it at least 4 times. Added pics, but I'm too new here. Oh well. Thanks for any help!
Pretty good chance it’s a Veloce, just like the gruppo they put on it. 🙂 I have a ‘97 Veloce, with the same or very similar tubing stickers. But mine’s Celeste, lol. 😁😉
Old 09-28-20, 12:14 PM
CampioneDeCasa

Bikes: Bianchi Brava, Bianchi Vittoria, Framed Savona, Lotus Eclair, Lotus Aero Sport, Trek Marlin

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by stardognine
Pretty good chance it’s a Veloce, just like the gruppo they put on it. 🙂 I have a ‘97 Veloce, with the same or very similar tubing stickers. But mine’s Celeste, lol. 😁😉

​​​​​​See that's why I was having trouble figuring out the year it was built. I did find it strange that the model matched the groupset, but that aside, I was checking through the model years and it doesn't quite match any of the stock builds for any year specifically. I guessed '02, since it seems the frame changed in '03 to aluminum, but even more confusingly, it seems to have an 8 speed rear cassette, which wasn't a thing either? I'm just overthinking a pretty new bike since it's rainy and cold out today and needed something to give me more reasons to go and stare at the new ride 😂. Thanks for your help!