Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

30 mph ebike this morning

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

30 mph ebike this morning

Old 05-25-21, 05:47 PM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
Originally Posted by one4smoke
You explained it fine. I got that you were in a car. How else would you take two kids to school?
one on the back, and one on the handle bars of course
Likes For Flip Flop Rider:
Old 05-25-21, 05:48 PM
Flip Flop Rider

Bikes: 2010 Fuji Absolute 3.0 1994 Trek 850

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 555 Times in 322 Posts
and e-bikes on the road, fine. Like a moped. On the mup, not over 15 mph or so
Old 05-25-21, 09:06 PM
LarrySellerz

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 2693 Post(s)
Liked 485 Times in 350 Posts
Originally Posted by josephvman
I haven't read through this entire thread, so forgive me if this has been covered, but in most states you can legally ride a 50cc scooter without a motorcycle license, and these will go much faster than any e-bike. I've got a Specialized 2x-me output e-bike, and rarely use full power, and do much of my riding without assist at all. Even with full assist up to 28mph, it's pretty hard to hit 30mph on the flats with the gearing it has. I bought an e-bike mostly because I like gadgets and new technology, and the other benefit has been I enjoy riding more, ride farther, faster, and with less tear on my bad knees. It's interesting to see (more disappointing really) the divide between regular riders and e-bikers, but there's no question that it has sparked the sport and has more people than ever riding, and returning to riding. It has also been a boon to bike shops, that can't seem to keep e-bikes or their accessories in stock. I can't believe anything that gets more people riding, and more LBS's being profitable, is a negative for the sport. If anything, the more e-bikes fit into the future of electric vehicle mobility, 2-wheel commuting, etc., the more likely the infrastructure of bike lanes and bike-friendly cities is to advance and benefit riders of all kinds of bikes.
I agree, and I talked to a bike shop owner who said ebikes today are like tesla in 2010. I think they are totally rad, most aren't even very fas,t like you said because it kills the battery. They are something to draft and if they pass you at speed the owner is definitely working hard. Just not as hard as you and thats OK. Talked to a super cool older chick (61) climbing a hill and we bonded cause we are both crazies who think covid is overblown, and she hated ebikes too. Thinks it cheating. Maybe ill understand when im older and wiser but I dont get it. She rides 4 hours a day apparently, total beast
Old 05-31-21, 01:30 AM
myisland

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I'm OK with it expect on bike paths. They need to be banned on bike paths.