Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Magic Mary Supergravity Soft on the front with Maxxis Minion SS Rear?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-22, 09:03 AM
Herzlos

Bikes: Way too many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 895 Post(s)
Liked 605 Times in 362 Posts

Hi all,

I've just put a Minion SS on the rear of my 29'r, with a Maxxis Aggressor on the front, because I want something faster rolling for dry trails, but didn't realize the Aggressor is a rear tyre.

I've seen a Magic Mary up for sale locally, the orange compound supergravity soft variant, 29x2.4".

Has anyone tried a combo like that? I've never dabbled with splitting brands across a bike but I don't know if that'd make any difference?
Am I likely to have any problems with the Aggressor?
Old 05-02-22, 04:24 PM
Kapusta
Advanced Slacker

Bikes: Soma Fog Cutter, Surly Wednesday, Canfielld Tilt

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2761 Post(s)
Liked 2,534 Times in 1,433 Posts
The Aggressor is not a rear-only tire…. Its just that it is a lot more popular in the rear.

I would not run it in front because I want something grippier. But you can do so if you want some thing pretty fast rolling in the front.

If you are wanting a fast-rolling tire, a Magic Mary soft compound with Supergravity casing should be near the bottom of your list.

Mixing brands is a non-issue.