Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Project for the future...

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 06-18-20, 12:29 PM
MrChrome
Mr Chrome

Bikes: 2021 Trek FX Sport Carbon 4 / 2012 SC Tallboy Al / Ti SS 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 5 Posts

I'm new to this forum but not to bikes - I've been riding / working on bikes for a few decades........I just bought only my second complete bike since 1991, a 2021 Trek FX Sport Carbon 4 and within one week, I've already started making it mine - changed the handlebar & grips combo to carbon fiber bar w/bar ends & ESI Chunkies for the grips, so much more comfortable to me........the seat & seatpost are next but the long term goal is this: the bike currently has 1 x 11 gearing (which I love) but I want to extend it's capabilities by customizing the rear cassette to 11->47 with a OneUp 47T cog set and change the front chainring to 42T.......yes, it sounds like a monster mess but I have something VERY similar already on my Tallboy that works flawlessly......it may require some special work but this will be my winter project so that this bike will be fit for riding the North Georgia mountains (ie. for those who are familiar, I want to tackle Hogpen Gap)...........don't be afraid to comment, I do realize that some parts will have to be changed but will see what I can do with this Shimano GRX drivetrain.........