Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Seeking Opinions on Possibly Modified Nishiki Modulus

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-22, 02:46 AM
DanthePolishman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello Biking Gang,

I'm relatively new to deal hunting and enthusiast bicycling and am looking for a sick city ride for a town I've just moved into. I found someone selling a Nishiki Modulus for what seems extremely cheap at $100. From the research I've done, it seems that the Modulus typically comes with a drop bar and not risers. I'm not sure if this person made modifications, and if so to what extent. I wanted to solicit some opinions from experienced folk here on the apparent condition of the bike and whether it looks like a worthwhile purchase.

It seems my account is not yet mature enough to include links to pictures, so I'll obscurely link it here: i.imgur(.)com / 7PHK8Ao.png

Thanks!
Old 07-27-22, 02:57 AM
DanseMacabre

Bikes: 1957 Motobecane camping bike, 1974 Manufrance Super Course STC, 1977 Peugeot camping bike, 1978 Liberia C15

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 43 Posts
Pic assist.

Old 07-27-22, 06:30 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The subject bicycle is a 1989-1990 model. It has been modified with a low-rise handlbar, new brake levers, grips and saddle. Often, in these cases, the stem has also been changed but I can't tell for sure, due to the stem angle in the photo. As for the mechanical condition, undortunately it cannot be properly assessed, as the photo has been taken from the non-drive side, obscuring the high wear drivetrian components. However, cosmetic condition appears to be good for the age of the bicycle. $100 would be a good price, if it's in good, ready to ride condition, but I wouldn't call it "extremely cheap".