Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Tacx Neo 2T and Campagnolo Cassette

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 01-07-22, 08:29 AM
philpierce

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello everyone,

I am new here and a returning cyclist after years of dormancy. I have a bike coming next month-ish with a Campagnolo 12 speed Group-set. I am purchasing a trainer, (Tacx Neo 2T).

The trainer requires a cassette and my assumption would be that I need a Campagnolo cassette which would also require a Campagnolo free-hub that fits the cassette.

There seems to be conflicting information on the internet and I wanted to come here and see if some of you more seasoned riders have better information.

Do I need/require a 12 speed campy cassette, does it really matter? I don't mind paying for it, just don't want to if there's no real need for it.

Thanks
Phil Pierce
Old 01-07-22, 08:44 AM
alcjphil

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1814 Post(s)
Liked 1,692 Times in 973 Posts
If the trainer comes without a cassette, you will have to buy one. It might as well be a Campagnolo cassette. Not sure if the freehub is able to accept one however, probably not. They do sell a freehub body that does accept a Campagnolo cassette. In any case, who else makes a 12 speed cassette that will fit the stock freehub?

Last edited by alcjphil; 01-07-22 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-07-22, 09:00 AM
philpierce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes @alcjphil, thanks for your reply. It is also as I thought. I will make the purchases necessary.

Thanks again,
Phil
Old 01-07-22, 01:43 PM
bluehills3149

Bikes: depends what week it is..

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts
From what I've read, SRAM 12 spd cassettes work fine with Campy 12spd gear and Shimano 12spd too but SRAM 12spd chains like SRAM cassettes better. Note there are other manufactures making 12spd cassettes, the cheapest being the Chinese brands like ZTTO, Sensah & Sunshines and they also fit on standard Shimano HG hubs so may be a good option for trainers where weight and wear are less of an issue than on the road.
Old 01-07-22, 07:13 PM
philpierce

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks @bluehills3149. I’ll look into those options. They sound like they may also be a little more cost effective.

Thanks
Phil
Old 01-21-22, 05:09 AM
gerdalton01

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Campy 12 speed to Tacx Flux 2 T2980

Hi everyoneI am installing a 12 speed campagnolo cassette on my Tacx Flux 2 (T2980) 2020. For this I purchased the T2875.51 freehub as advised by the garmin/tacx rep here in Dubai. When I installed the cassette the cogs are not sitting tight on the freehub after I tighten the lock ring. Is it possible I have the wrong freehub or installed incorrectly? The shimano/sram compatible freehub that came with the trainer is the T2875.01. Maybe a spacer is required before I put on the cassette. Please advise.
Old 01-21-22, 05:32 AM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
You are correct. A spacer is needed.
Old 01-21-22, 05:44 AM
gerdalton01