Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

2022 mid-year check in!

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

2022 mid-year check in!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-22, 08:04 PM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
My mileage this season/year is terrible. Way way off from last year. A combination of a) extremely wet spring and b) a coaching program that is emphasizing quality of quantity. Kind of going in a different direction with this training schedule, so I'll see how it goes. As things look now though, this will be one of my lowest mileage seasons in the past four years.
Old 07-04-22, 08:58 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10397 Post(s)
Liked 11,860 Times in 6,072 Posts
Oh, yeah! Forgot the stats:

Mileage: 3256 (but includes Zwift and IRL miles. I'm too lazy to disentangle them right now)
Climbing: 173,822 ft
Time: 203hr.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 07-04-22, 10:37 PM
mschwett 

Bikes: addict, aethos, creo, vanmoof, sirrus, public ...

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Liked 1,384 Times in 708 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
Oh, yeah! Forgot the stats:

Mileage: 3256 (but includes Zwift and IRL miles. I'm too lazy to disentangle them right now)
Climbing: 173,822 ft
Time: 203hr.
500/mo seems like a popular median. I find it hard to get much more without compromising other things - work, family, friends, other fun. lately I’ve been focusing a little more on climbing miles, so distance has dropped a bit.
Old 07-07-22, 10:30 AM
aliasfox

Bikes: Lynskey R270 Disc, Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked 156 Times in 131 Posts
Originally Posted by genejockey
I think we have completely non-overlapping heatmaps, for all that we live within a couple hours ride of each other. Also, you can tell from mine that I am a creature of habit.

Looks like you've done Alpine Rd (the little tail SE of the Stanford loop) - the other side of that hill makes for a nice climb - Los Trancos Rd. Nowhere near as long as OLH, but some nice views in between the hills. Of course, gotta make sure you're on-form coming back down Alpine Rd - the top has some really steep switchbacks, and it's a bit slick at the bottom (too much tree cover, I guess?).

I miss Bay Area riding.

Out here in the Northeast, I've completed 542 real-world mi and 15,482ft as of yesterday. It doesn't actually get warm enough for pleasant outdoor riding until most of the way through April, so I have some catching up to do.
Old 07-08-22, 10:49 AM
bampilot06

Bikes: Madone, Emonda, 5500, Ritchey Breakaway

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 10236 Post(s)
Liked 5,181 Times in 2,224 Posts
Goal is 10,000 for the year.

Currently at 4,970. So a little short. My work schedule was jacked in June which kind of affect my mileage, should be able to make this up in the next couple of weeks. If this years winter is anything like last years (70 degrees Christmas Eve) I really shouldn’t have any problems.

Edit: Rides- 151
time: 268 h 14 minutes
elevation 130,722 ft