Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

FS: 57cm Curt Goodrich touring/gravel/cx frameset Columbus Life

Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Old 08-21-20, 09:49 PM
furthernorth

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Masterbuilder Curt Goodrich touring/cx frameset. Curt was the main builder at Rivendell, before going on his own.

This was a 3000$ custom frameset and the owner had to wait 2 years before getting his frame.

I would’ve kept it for me, but it’s too small so it has to go to somebody else.

First owner told me tubeset was a mix of Columbus Life and True Temper. It’s very light and takes a 27,2mm seatpost.

Now, the price is reflecting something: the paintjob had a hard time. Motor oil dripped on the toptube for a whole winter, so owner tried is best to clean and cover with some blue paint, but the color wasn’t and exact match, and the finish isn’t the same.

Some paint chips were also covered with nail polish with the same result.

The paint also wrinkeled around the front derailleur clamp. Guess it wasn’t dry when first owner builded the bike?

Other than that, it’s quite a spectacular frameset. One of the best i had laying around, craftmanship wise. Lugs are SaxMax from Richard Sachs.

Seattube is 57cm c-c

Toptube is 56cm c-c

Price is 1400 USD + shipping.

Old 06-16-21, 05:03 PM
twolve

Bikes: 1988 Specialized Rockhopper Comp, 2012 Goodrich Randoneuse, 2016 A-Train, 2022 Wilde Dream Engine, 2022 Salsa Mukluk

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 36 Posts
Is this still available? What size tire clearance does it have?

thanks!