Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Gazelle Cable Mounting Parts?

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 08-11-22, 03:58 PM
Ratspeed

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Anyone know where to pick up these plastic round mounting pegs for Gazelle cable clamps?

I was able to find the cable clamps with some effort on hollandbikeshop.com but the pegs aren't pictured, so I don't know if they are included, and the helpdesk is on vacation and hasn't replied to my emails. I searched everywhere on their site and they don't seem to sell them separately. I call them "pegs" for the lack of a better word. I would imagine plastic would be desirable as it is a steel frame and mixing metal types isn't a good idea to prevent rusting.

(There doesn't seem to be an easy way of removing these, either. There's no hex or threading. Apparently, they just snap in place... and snap when trying to remove them.)

Old 08-11-22, 04:45 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 742 Posts
If you don't need something that has the exact appearance but the same function, try any automotive big box store and they have plastic push pin fasteners used on many pieces of car bodywork and panels these days. Most will list the diameter of the head, post and thickness of material that it will fit and not expensive.
Old 08-11-22, 05:05 PM
Ratspeed

Ahhah! After a little playing around, and a little luck, I was able to figure out how to remove the part with a small nail and a hammer. Apparently there is a small plastic peg that fits into the part to force the stem wide and lock it in place. If I had only known that for the first part, I wouldn't have broken it. Darn.

But yeah, this is what the whole part looks like. The hole is approximately 4mm diameter. I'll see if I can source something like you were talking about. Thanks!

Old 08-11-22, 05:09 PM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 742 Posts
Good that you got it out for measuring purposes. Should be easy to find a match with that info.
Likes For Crankycrank:
Old 08-11-22, 05:27 PM
Ratspeed

In case anyone else runs into the same problem I had, the head diameter is 6mm and the base of the stem is 2.5mm. The stem's bottom expands out beyond 5mm. No idea what the peg will look like until I remove the bottom bracket. It's lost in the downtube for now.