Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

How to add to the IGNORE LIST?

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-16, 12:47 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts

Deleted post because I just found how to do it.

Cheers
Old 10-29-16, 01:01 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
You can ignore people, but why not also discuss them with staff? Their annoyance of you could be a problem the rest of us would have too or at the least somebody could be talked to.

I just don't think it solves much. We could all be ignored now and then, and this whole year is sort of on ignore for me. If things aren't more happy and tenable in 3 months or so, release the hounds, I say.

On the year, I say on the year, It's a joke son, a joke

Old 10-29-16, 01:04 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
And I don't post images much anymore because they are all Harvey the rabbit in Windows 7, only a link.

It's like what Cinderella says when the One Hour Photo shop had to send her film out for special processing...

Someday my prints will come...
Old 10-29-16, 04:02 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
The easy click-to-ignore link disappeared after the forum software update awhile back. Now you have to navigate to your user pages, find the right page and manually enter the name of the member whose posts you'd rather ignore. As you manually enter the member name a prompt will appear to auto-complete that name.

Go to "User CP" (Control Panel).
Find "Edit Ignore List" under "Your Control Panel" at left.
As you manually enter the name the system will prompt to auto-complete from a list of suggested names.

Last edited by canklecat; 10-29-16 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-29-16, 04:41 PM
markjenn

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Simplest way I've found: click username > View Public Profile > User Lists > Add to Ignore List

I think Ignore Lists are great. Many folks aren't necessarily offensive, they've just don't have a clue what they're talking about. I don't want to bother a mod - just don't want to read their drivel anymore. Others may have a different opinion and that's fine.

- Mark
Old 10-29-16, 05:33 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Ah, even better, thanks.

Yeah, I mostly just use ignore for the folks who post 99% zero content, such as unsubstantiated accusations that everyone else is trolling, or snide attempts to derail every thread with insinuations about motivations, rather than just answering the question or skipping the thread completely. Not my job to net-nanny them or report everyone to admin. Easier to just ignore 'em.
Old 10-30-16, 12:46 PM
markjenn

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by canklecat
Yeah, I mostly just use ignore for the folks who post 99% zero content, such as unsubstantiated accusations that everyone else is trolling, or snide attempts to derail every thread with insinuations about motivations, rather than just answering the question or skipping the thread completely. Not my job to net-nanny them or report everyone to admin. Easier to just ignore 'em.
Well said. I try and address the original question, sometimes more successfully than others.

- Mark
Old 05-22-22, 01:11 PM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
It would be nice if the people you ignore cannot see your post because they don't know you had ignored them and will still try to pick a fight with you.
Old 06-05-22, 08:02 AM
Juan Foote
LBKA (formerly punkncat)

Bikes: Spec Roubaix SL4, GT Traffic 1.0

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2208 Post(s)
Liked 960 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
It would be nice if the people you ignore cannot see your post because they don't know you had ignored them and will still try to pick a fight with you.
The thing about this is resisting the urge to "view" the post. If you want to ignore them, do so. After a while they get bored when you continue not to react.
Old 06-05-22, 01:54 PM
ahsposo 
Artificial Member

Bikes: Retrospec Judd, Dahon Boardwalk, Specialized Langster

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 6761 Post(s)
Liked 5,468 Times in 3,217 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel4
I think that's hilarious. Problem is you only know it when someone else quotes them picking the fight with you and then you have to control yourself and not go back at them.
Old 06-06-22, 01:21 PM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts
Originally Posted by ahsposo
I think that's hilarious. Problem is you only know it when someone else quotes them picking the fight with you and then you have to control yourself and not go back at them.

That's why I announce in the forum that I'm adding someone to my ignore list. It's a lot less tempting to let myself get trolled back in when I have to publicly contradict myself in order to do it.
Old 06-09-22, 03:40 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
My iggy list isn't getting much use. Kudos to the mods for stepping up recently and whacking some trolls. Obviously the one is still running hard but when have we ever been down to just one? Other than that one, all I have left is a few tedious bloviators. Happy days!!!