Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Future Shock 1.5

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Future Shock 1.5

Old 02-15-21, 02:35 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1,163 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by redcon1
I asked at the time, but since it was a demo/leftover they couldn't locate them. The SWAT box (see the other thread, haha) was removed too, but they threw in a fully loaded new one, so I didn't push the springs with the smoking deal they offered. Now I'm thinking I might like the firm a little better. I love this bike and it's fine as it is... I just wanted to experiment a little.

Very nice bike!! Too bad about the springs; Spec. should be able to supply them to you. Unfortunately I no longer have mine, or I'd send 'em on gratis. My 1.0 was warrantied straight to a 2.0.
Likes For badger1:
Old 02-15-21, 03:17 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 653 Posts
Originally Posted by illdrag0n
Wheels and group came from my previous bike.

Specialized have confirmed the 2.0 won't fit in the headtube of a 1.5 bike anyway.

I've got all 3 Springs here, but I can't see myself needing to change
It was just a idea if you were interested. FYI, I replaced my 1.0 Future Shock in my S-Works Roubaix without issues even though officially Specialized said it was a no go.
Likes For Atlas Shrugged:
Old 02-15-21, 03:24 PM
badger1

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1568 Post(s)
Liked 1,163 Times in 591 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlas Shrugged
It was just a idea if you were interested. FYI, I replaced my 1.0 Future Shock in my S-Works Roubaix without issues even though officially Specialized said it was a no go.
My 1.0 was actually replaced with 2.0 by Specialized under warranty, so I have no concerns. Admittedly, this was on my Sirrus (hangs head in shame; flat-earth bar road cyclist), but still ... I'm not sure about the veracity of the 'party line' on this!
Likes For badger1: