Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Barellia bruegelmann profile design

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-21, 08:50 AM
Doggiedeb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Barellia bruegelmann profile design

Older vintage bicycle roughly value? Its there but kinda rough looking. But to a collector might be worth alittle i can post pics.

Last edited by Doggiedeb; 06-23-21 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Adding pics
Old 06-11-21, 09:22 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,568 Times in 3,766 Posts
Merged duplicate threads.

Likes For cb400bill:
Old 06-11-21, 10:37 AM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Doggiedeb
Older vintage bicycle roughly value? Its there but kinda rough looking. But to a collector might be worth alittle i can post pics.
Pics are necessary. I haven't heard of the brand myself, would have to start googling to know if it's any good.
Old 06-11-21, 12:17 PM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
-----

examples of marque -

-----

Last edited by juvela; 06-11-21 at 12:21 PM. Reason: fix picture
Old 06-12-21, 03:04 PM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you

Originally Posted by habes78023
Pics are necessary. I haven't heard of the brand myself, would have to start googling to know if it's any good.
yes i will get some pics and post
Old 06-13-21, 06:10 PM
Nuovo Record

Bikes: Colnago Super (panto) - Gios Professional (1st Generation C-Record) - Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra (Team USA) - Barellia Reynolds 531 - Fully chromed Columbus steel bike (Patelli?) Super Record Titanium

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
"Barellia" was the name under which Brügelmann, a major German bicycle dealer (especially mail-order) sold his "own" frames and assembled bicycles. There were Columbus SL, SLX, Reynolds etc. frames. They were made in Italy (probably by Romani). Good stuff.
Old 06-14-21, 03:35 PM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I posted pics

Originally Posted by Nuovo Record
"Barellia" was the name under which Brügelmann, a major German bicycle dealer (especially mail-order) sold his "own" frames and assembled bicycles. There were Columbus SL, SLX, Reynolds etc. frames. They were made in Italy (probably by Romani). Good stuff.
i hope my pics posted
Old 06-14-21, 06:04 PM
Nuovo Record

Bikes: Colnago Super (panto) - Gios Professional (1st Generation C-Record) - Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra (Team USA) - Barellia Reynolds 531 - Fully chromed Columbus steel bike (Patelli?) Super Record Titanium

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
I donīt see any pictures. I seem to remember that you need at least ten posts before you can post pictures.

Can you describe your bicycle?
Old 06-14-21, 06:16 PM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Replying

Gosh 10 posts. I don't know how to explain to tell you the truth. I could perhaps email the pics to you. I dont have 10 posts.
Old 06-14-21, 06:22 PM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pictures

i can post my pics i guess when i get 10 post .
Old 06-15-21, 07:06 PM
uncleivan 

Bikes: '92 MX Leader, 84 Colnago Mexico, 85 Recherche, 86 Panasonic ATB Pro, 88 Roberts, 80 moser... ect

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked 134 Times in 67 Posts
Yes, you are halfway there. 2 days and 10 posts. You got the first day out of the way, now just 5 more posts.
Where are you located?
Old 06-15-21, 07:25 PM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by uncleivan
Yes, you are halfway there. 2 days and 10 posts. You got the first day out of the way, now just 5 more posts.
Where are you located?
fair grove mo. I have lots of pictures just cant post any. Sad. I wish i could email them to someone
Old 06-16-21, 06:57 AM
habes78023 

Bikes: Constant rotation, Currently: 2009 Felt FC, 1999 Stumpjumper, Serotta KOM, Eisentraut Rainbowtraut, Trek 400 commuter

fair grove mo. I have lots of pictures just cant post any. Sad. I wish i could email them to someone
There is an option to load them to your album on this site and someone can post from there.
Old 06-16-21, 08:27 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There is an option to load them to your album on this site and someone can post from there.
i have created an album they are on my album.
Old 06-16-21, 08:56 AM
juvela

Mentioned: 415 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3803 Post(s)
Liked 3,324 Times in 2,170 Posts
i have created an album they are on my album.

-----

not as yet showing on your member page...

...at least as far as am able to see...

-----
Old 06-16-21, 09:12 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juvela
-----

not as yet showing on your member page...

...at least as far as am able to see...

-----
see i feel im doing something wrong
Old 06-16-21, 10:50 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I donīt see any pictures. I seem to remember that you need at least ten posts before you can post pictures.

i could send thru email if you want to give me that.
Old 06-18-21, 09:54 AM
habes78023 

i could send thru email if you want to give me that.
Now you are only 1 post away from 10, so you might just end up posting them here on the thread after all!
Old 06-23-21, 09:34 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Now you are only 1 post away from 10, so you might just end up posting them here on the thread after all!
when can i post my pics? How do i get one more post im confused
Old 06-23-21, 09:36 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i think some pics posted
Old 06-23-21, 09:38 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

my pics posted i ave more pics but i posted 4 under my original thread
Old 06-23-21, 11:38 AM
habes78023 

Tough to make out what the components are on it, but I'm thinking nothing particularly high end. It's quite a bit different from the bikes that were shared by user juvela.

It's probably not quite as old as you may think, I'd guess early 2000's at the oldest, but I could be wrong, I'm just shooting from the hip. Given that, a few assumptions are that there's no major damage to the frame, wheels or other components, because I would start subtracting from the price if for instance a spoke was broken or the shifters were not functioning. A crack in the frame or bearings that barely move would make it an almost immediate parts bike only.

For a value, I'd say maybe 75-125 as is. Main problem is that it doesn't look rideable right now, the saddle situation is the most glaring issue that few buyers would see past, I'd maybe take a look at it for like 75 if it was near me since I would consider fixing it to flip. I don't think a collector is looking for this bike, I think that the buyer is going to be someone looking for a commuting bike and the rack and fenders help this situation, but then there's also a mix of components. The front and rear brakes are different designs completely.

If it was fixed up, consumable parts replaced, correctly tuned and good pictures were taken highlighting the condition. Then in my area I may be able to get 225-275 for it, but again, that's mainly based on the utility of it, and I think that it might sit a while at that price because brand recognition will be very low. No one is going to be searching for Barellia around here, they are going to search, for example, "Trek commuter" because they know and trust that brand. A similar bike from a better known brand could fetch 300+ in the market around me.
Old 06-23-21, 11:45 AM
Doggiedeb

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tough to make out what the components are on it, but I'm thinking nothing particularly high end. It's quite a bit different from the bikes that were shared by user juvela.

It's probably not quite as old as you may think, I'd guess early 2000's at the oldest, but I could be wrong, I'm just shooting from the hip. Given that, a few assumptions are that there's no major damage to the frame, wheels or other components, because I would start subtracting from the price if for instance a spoke was broken or the shifters were not functioning. A crack in the frame or bearings that barely move would make it an almost immediate parts bike only.

For a value, I'd say maybe 75-125 as is. Main problem is that it doesn't look rideable right now, the saddle situation is the most glaring issue that few buyers would see past, I'd maybe take a look at it for like 75 if it was near me since I would consider fixing it to flip. I don't think a collector is looking for this bike, I think that the buyer is going to be someone looking for a commuting bike and the rack and fenders help this situation, but then there's also a mix of components. The front and rear brakes are different designs completely.

If it was fixed up, consumable parts replaced, correctly tuned and good pictures were taken highlighting the condition. Then in my area I may be able to get 225-275 for it, but again, that's mainly based on the utility of it, and I think that it might sit a while at that price because brand recognition will be very low. No one is going to be searching for Barellia around here, they are going to search, for example, "Trek commuter" because they know and trust that brand. A similar bike from a better known brand could fetch 300+ in the market around me.
thank you. You have been very helpful. Appreciate it