Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot deals - post 'em if you got 'em.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-22, 04:46 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20808 Post(s)
Liked 9,450 Times in 4,668 Posts
Originally Posted by oris
The Pro Team Training jerseys are really nice.

The Core are a really good deal. My only caution is on the some colors of the Pro Team Training and Core Lightweight can be quite sheer and black bib straps will show through, along with your body...
Yup. I can see the whirl pattern of my chest hair through one of my Pro Team Training jerseys. I had originally decided to only wear that one with a base layer underneath, but got over that just as quickly as I got over wearing Spandex in public. The darker ones aren't problematic for me, in terms of sheerness.
Old 05-12-22, 08:23 AM
Miles2go
Zen Master

Bikes: Cervelo R5 - SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 42 Posts
Campagnolo Bora/Shimano Carbon Rim Brake Pads

This is a great price on these hard to find Campy carbon pads for Shimano caliper brakes, at bikeINN. Currently $26.99 per 4 pad set.

Campagnolo Hyperon-Bora/Dura Ace Shimano pack of 4 Caliper Inserts
Old 05-13-22, 12:23 PM
phrantic09
Fat n slow

Bikes: Cervelo R3, Giant Revolt

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3255 Post(s)
Liked 2,081 Times in 978 Posts
Originally Posted by oris
The Pro Team Training jerseys are really nice.

The Core are a really good deal. My only caution is on the some colors of the Pro Team Training and Core Lightweight can be quite sheer and black bib straps will show through, along with your body...
I’m not one to care about that so long as it is comfortable.
Old 05-13-22, 08:42 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,474 Times in 4,181 Posts
Twinsix is clearing out jerseys and bibs.

Some really good prices if the sizes and patterns work for you.
The sale is for their race and club fit jerseys which are MUSA by Voler.
Old 06-07-22, 05:18 PM
sean.hwy

Bikes: Blur / Ibis Hakka MX / team machince alr2 / topstone 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 274 Times in 201 Posts
Sportsbasement has 25% on Cannondale bikes!

If I didn't already just buy an Ibis gravel bike I would buy a Topstone 1 alloy bike.

https://shop.sportsbasement.com/coll...ondale%20Bikes

Says for local pickup only. The have several stores located in northern California.
Likes For sean.hwy:
Old 06-10-22, 09:30 AM
WhyFi

Lake (in WIDE!) are my shoes of choice necessity and I've been wanting a pair of lace-ups, so I jumped on these on closeout for $99 (MSRP was $199). For a carbon sole from a great manufacturer, it's an awesome price. Lots of sizes still available, in both Regular and Wide and in either White or Black. Final sale, though, so you'd better be sure about your size! edit: link - https://www.lakecycling.com/collecti...-1-carbon-sale

Last edited by WhyFi; 06-10-22 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-10-22, 09:57 AM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced 2015, Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2015, Giant TCR Advanced 0 ISP 2008, Cube Cross Race SL 2018, Chapter2 TOA 2022

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Lake (in WIDE!) are my shoes of choice necessity and I've been wanting a pair of lace-ups, so I jumped on these on closeout for $99 (MSRP was $199). For a carbon sole from a great manufacturer, it's an awesome price. Lots of sizes still available, in both Regular and Wide and in either White or Black. Final sale, though, so you'd better be sure about your size! edit: link - https://www.lakecycling.com/collecti...-1-carbon-sale
I waffled on those so hard a few weeks back and missed my size (also wide). They were $149 at that point so the price is killer now, I'm almost tempted to get a half size larger which is still available.

On a side note, I bought a DHB Dorica Carbon as my first try in lace ups once I missed the Lake CX1s and I like them, especially the look, but they aren't a wide shoe and 2.5 hours has been about max so far without discomfort.

Last edited by str8jakett; 06-10-22 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-10-22, 10:09 AM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by str8jakett
I waffled on those so hard a few weeks back and missed my size (also wide). They were $149 at that point so the price is killer now, I'm almost tempted to get a half size larger which is still available.
Double-check - I'd been eyeing them for a long time, too, and they have a lot more sizes in stock now.
Old 06-10-22, 10:11 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4224 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,803 Posts

On a side note, I bought a DHB Aeron Carbon as my first try in lace ups once I missed the Lake CX1s and I like them, especially the look, but they aren't a wide shoe and 2.5 hours has been about max so far without discomfort.
I love the DHB Dorica Carbon (especially at $80 almost all the time at the UK sites), but it doesn't come in wide and it seems a bit weird that even the sites themselves tell you to order a size down because they come so large. Upper feels like it's not the best quality leather at first (a bit thin and stiff), but it softens up with use and they make for amazing indoor shoes.
Likes For himespau:
Old 06-10-22, 11:24 AM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced 2015, Giant Propel Advanced Pro 2015, Giant TCR Advanced 0 ISP 2008, Cube Cross Race SL 2018, Chapter2 TOA 2022

Double-check - I'd been eyeing them for a long time, too, and they have a lot more sizes in stock now.
I did, unfortunately no luck. Report back on what you think of them. I'm always watching eBay for a white pair in 43 wide to pop up.

Originally Posted by himespau
I love the DHB Dorica Carbon (especially at $80 almost all the time at the UK sites), but it doesn't come in wide and it seems a bit weird that even the sites themselves tell you to order a size down because they come so large. Upper feels like it's not the best quality leather at first (a bit thin and stiff), but it softens up with use and they make for amazing indoor shoes.
Realized I typo'd and meant the Dorica. You are right, they soften up well and I've started to enjoy them a lot more. I wear them on my shorter weekday rides and maybe longer distance will be achievable with some break-in. I read a ton of reviews and the sizing was terribly confusing. I wear a 43 in Lake, Northwave, Shimano and Louis Garneau so I went with a 43 in the DHB without the wide option. It was the right choice, and I made sure to leave a review expressing that.
Old 06-10-22, 11:32 AM
bamboobike4
Banned.

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 336 Posts
That is one beautiful bike shoe.
Old 06-10-22, 11:47 AM
WhyFi

I did, unfortunately no luck. Report back on what you think of them. I'm always watching eBay for a white pair in 43 wide to pop up.
Bummer. If you haven't, you might want to try the "Notify Me" option. The 45 Wide (my size) went from 0 in stock, to 4, then back to 0! I was so bummed that I had missed out on them! Then it jump back to 4 the next day and it dawned on me - I think that I had been making them go in and out of stock by putting them in my shopping cart on my phone and computer during various browsing sessions. Once those shopping carts expired, they went "back into stock," and I bought them.

So yeah, someone might be sitting on a pair or 4, like I was
Old 06-10-22, 11:50 AM
str8jakett
I pedal in my sleep...

Bummer. If you haven't, you might want to try the "Notify Me" option. The 45 Wide (my size) went from 0 in stock, to 4, then back to 0! I was so bummed that I had missed out on them! Then it jump back to 4 the next day and it dawned on me - I think that I had been making them go in and out of stock by putting them in my shopping cart on my phone and computer during various browsing sessions. Once those shopping carts expired, they went "back into stock," and I bought them.

So yeah, someone might be sitting on a pair or 4, like I was
Good Advice! Done and now refreshing my inbox every 30 seconds...
Likes For str8jakett:
Old 06-10-22, 11:50 AM
himespau 

Originally Posted by bamboobike4
That is one beautiful bike shoe.
I mean, even with only wearing them indoors and only with a waxed chain, mine are no longer quite that pretty (probably past time to get out the magic eraser, but yeah, I do like their looks a lot.
Old 06-10-22, 12:11 PM
bamboobike4
Banned.

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 336 Posts
I mean, even with only wearing them indoors and only with a waxed chain, mine are no longer quite that pretty (probably past time to get out the magic eraser, but yeah, I do like their looks a lot.
I'm not sure I'd wear them on a bike, but with a seersucker suit, wow!
Old 06-10-22, 12:59 PM
sean.hwy

Everyone posting photos of road shoes with shoelaces, while my biggest grip with most flat bottom mnt/gravel bikes shoes is I can't get them without laces.

Do the laces feel better on your feet or they more comfortably on the top or something? I just hate how the long laces eventually come undone and sometimes wrap around the pedal :/
Old 06-10-22, 01:42 PM
WhyFi

Originally Posted by sean.hwy
Everyone posting photos of road shoes with shoelaces, while my biggest grip with most flat bottom mnt/gravel bikes shoes is I can't get them without laces.

Do the laces feel better on your feet or they more comfortably on the top or something? I just hate how the long laces eventually come undone and sometimes wrap around the pedal :/
My only cycling-specific shoes with laces, up to the point, are some Shimanos; they have a little tab to keep the loops/excess in place and I've never had them come undone. I assume that most lace-up, cycling specific shoes will have something similar in place, no?

That said, I'm getting these Lakes mostly because I like the look and because the value at 99 bucks - I don't (yet) have a firm opinion/preference on laces vs Boas or anything like that.
Likes For WhyFi:
Old 06-10-22, 01:51 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 431 Posts
Conti GP 5000 Sale - $39. 95 ea., claimed 50% off at Planet cyclery
700c in 28 and 32 mm
https://planetcyclery.com/continenta...000-road-tire?
flash sale, so not sure of valid period - works now at time of this posting... 2x should provide free ship... I think
Ride On
Yuri
Likes For cyclezen:
Old 06-10-22, 02:36 PM
sean.hwy

My only cycling-specific shoes with laces, up to the point, are some Shimanos; they have a little tab to keep the loops/excess in place and I've never had them come undone. I assume that most lace-up, cycling specific shoes will have something similar in place, no?

That said, I'm getting these Lakes mostly because I like the look and because the value at 99 bucks - I don't (yet) have a firm opinion/preference on laces vs Boas or anything like that.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/five-t...view-2017.html

my trail running shoe ( salmon speedcross ) has a pocket to hold the laces. my 510 pro cycling shoe does not or if there is I don't know how to use it. I probably had the speedcross shoe for months before I did my first Spartan race before someone was nice enough to tell me about the pocket to hold your laces. lol

Old 06-10-22, 02:38 PM
sean.hwy

Originally Posted by cyclezen
Conti GP 5000 Sale - $39. 95 ea., claimed 50% off at Planet cyclery
700c in 28 and 32 mm
https://planetcyclery.com/continenta...000-road-tire?
flash sale, so not sure of valid period - works now at time of this posting... 2x should provide free ship... I think
Ride On
Yuri
I have not seen 28mm and 32mm gp5000 for that price in a long time. I kept buying 23mm and 25mm because those where also on sale.
Old 06-10-22, 04:12 PM
cyclezen
OM boy

Bikes: a bunch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 504 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 431 Posts
I have not seen 28mm and 32mm gp5000 for that price in a long time. I kept buying 23mm and 25mm because those where also on sale.
too bad for me, they only had 28 & 32 - I would use 25 and even 23, but have no real need for 28 or 32... oh well...
Likes For cyclezen:
Old 06-10-22, 11:04 PM
sean.hwy

Originally Posted by cyclezen
too bad for me, they only had 28 & 32 - I would use 25 and even 23, but have no real need for 28 or 32... oh well...

https://www.amazon.com/Continental-7...-10&th=1&psc=1

76.66 / 2 = 38.33

I always see the small sizes on sale.
Old 06-11-22, 07:40 AM
Sy Reene
Advocatus Diaboli

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene, Nashbar steel CX

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 4729 Post(s)
Liked 1,531 Times in 1,002 Posts
Do those have a 'garage' of some sort on the tongue for tucking in the laces?
I've always like the look of a number of the Lakes, though unfortunately, they inexplicably skip size 49 for all their models -- too big of a gap for me between the 48s and 50s.
Old 06-11-22, 09:51 AM
himespau 

The only cycling shoes I had before laced ones were (admittedly not top end) Shimano MTB shoes with 2 velcro straps and a ratchet. Both pairs that I had of those fit me great everywhere except the toe box, which was too wide. There was no way that I could tighten the one velcro strap in that area up enough to get the toe box tightness right. With laced shoes, instead of 3 points to adjust fit, you have 8 or 10 or however many gromets you have to play with. Overall, it lets you get a more customized fit from the upper.

My shoes have an strap (top is leather, sides are elastic) on the tongue to tuck the tied loops into. Never had a problem with them coming out and getting caught anywhere. The only downside (if you can call it that), is that they're not as fast to get on/off as other cycling shoes.
Likes For himespau:
Old 06-11-22, 09:54 AM
himespau 

Originally Posted by Sy Reene
Do those have a 'garage' of some sort on the tongue for tucking in the laces?
I've always like the look of a number of the Lakes, though unfortunately, they inexplicably skip size 49 for all their models -- too big of a gap for me between the 48s and 50s.
It's hiding under the laces on the middle of the tongue in this picture, but, yes, it's there.
Likes For himespau:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.