Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Lost track of Doug Fattic .. Is he OK?

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Lost track of Doug Fattic .. Is he OK?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-21, 03:36 AM
2flit
2Flit

Location: Orcas Washington and currently Circumnavigating in a Farrier F36 Trimaran

Bikes: 1968 Rene Herse Gentleman's Bike; 1974/5 Jim Merz Custom-built; 1984 Rodriquez tandem; 2012 Bilenky Tandem; 1967 Cinelli SC; 1984 Specialized Exp. 68cm; 1971 Holdsworth 63cm(my first bike ever and owned since new!); 1994 Bridgestone MB5; 86'Trek420

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 35 Posts
Lost track of Doug Fattic .. ?

Doug Fattic was building a replacement fork for my Merz light touring bike and I have lost contact with him. My email bounced back from the server and when I called his number... the answering machine was full. Does anyone have information about reaching Doug?
Thanks for the help, John Mottl

The fork was fairly far along....

Last edited by 2flit; 11-27-21 at 03:48 AM.
Old 11-27-21, 06:51 AM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts
He fine! Spoke with him the other day and had a few texts from him last night. He has been having email problems but I sure he will be responding very soon on this forum!!!
Old 11-27-21, 08:23 AM
Doug Fattic 
framebuilder

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked 1,914 Times in 655 Posts
Tom's right, I'm just fine. My local internet provider killed my email addresses. Most of their customers weren't using their email sevice anymore so they no longer wanted to be bothered. I kept them for the same reason I keep my landline phone number. Somebody somewhere some time ago picked up one of my brochures or business cards and much later they contact me to see if I'm still teaching framebuilding classes. My even older juno email service still works. <dougfattic [AT] and followed with juno.com> Sometimes when I am in Ukraine I needed to use that one so my regular ones didn't get blocked. It is a super nuisance to use. I have to log in online and go through several pages before I can get at them. And it doesn't keep track of emails I send. Fortunately my nephews are coming later next week to clean up the problems in my computer and set me up with gmail.

My last framebuilding class ran several weeks over the normal 3 weeks so I couldn't get to side projects. I wasn't ready to release him into the wild until he was properly prepared to at least practice what he had learned since he wants to make more. Back when I was a high school teacher, I realized that a student not learning was the teacher's failure and the teacher's responsibility to correct. A 2-week class is almost never long enough to adequately give someone a decent start. Of course that depends on their background and skills level. And if they don't catch on fast the teacher finishes the frame for them limiting their time working on frames even more. One of the reasons for doing our charity Ukraine bicycle project was to give students a chance to make a bunch of frames. Covid has certainly put a dent in that project.
Old 11-27-21, 03:17 PM
2flit
2Flit

Location: Orcas Washington and currently Circumnavigating in a Farrier F36 Trimaran

Bikes: 1968 Rene Herse Gentleman's Bike; 1974/5 Jim Merz Custom-built; 1984 Rodriquez tandem; 2012 Bilenky Tandem; 1967 Cinelli SC; 1984 Specialized Exp. 68cm; 1971 Holdsworth 63cm(my first bike ever and owned since new!); 1994 Bridgestone MB5; 86'Trek420

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 170 Times in 35 Posts
Tandem Guy and Doug... Thanks!
Glad to have a good email for Doug and just wrote this morning to the Juno address.
... and since I won't be posting very soon again... here is one for the Tandem man and a Season's Greeting to all !

From a Tandem Tour.. Nates France to Budapest 2015

Christmas Delivery; Orcas Island to Anacortes, WA

An Orcas Island Santa
Likes For 2flit:
Old 11-27-21, 04:23 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts
Nice!! Thanks!