Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Checking back in...

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Checking back in...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-22, 03:39 PM
David Bierbaum

Bikes: 1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts
Checking back in...

It seems like forever since I've been here. Between the death of my Mother in April of 2020, followed by all the Covid weirdness and trying to keep my head above water, I've just not been in a forum-visiting mood. Fortunately, I found a reason to visit, which I posted in the general cycling section, to let folks know about the Madison County (IL) Transit 2022 Trail Summit on May 20th. The details are over there.

I'll be trying to get back in the groove of things. It's been... interesting, learning to ride in the rain/snow in 40℉ weather all through this winter, since I am now car-free. Is there a way to transport Fluorescent Tubes by bike without looking like a Medieval Knight charging with a couched lance?

Edit: I forgot, but here's the link to my other post, if you're interested.

Anyhow, how are you all doing?

Last edited by David Bierbaum; 05-05-22 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Silly me. Forgot to link to the post in general