Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

New video

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

New video

Old 10-25-21, 12:12 AM
waddo

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 62 Times in 41 Posts
New video

For those interested, episode one of our summer northern Japan tour is now online.

Likes For waddo:
Old 10-25-21, 04:37 PM
TiHabanero

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1740 Post(s)
Liked 1,369 Times in 718 Posts
I watch videos like this as I ride the Wahoo during winter months. Thank you for producing this video as it will keep me company for a day, and I get to relive my experiences in Japan! The most hospitable country I have visited.
Likes For TiHabanero:
Old 10-25-21, 07:06 PM
waddo

Hope you enjoy it. It's very slow paced.
Old 10-26-21, 11:04 PM
metalrideroz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Great work as usual. I await the full length version to watch in one go. Thought you would have ridden down every road in the Tohoku region by now, it appears not! I wonder if you will tour the Shimane or Yamaguchi areas one day? I seem to have found many interesting (on the map at least) roads and rural places down that way which still resemble old japan, or i guess you could now call it abandoned japan. Also, here's a facetious comment, tilt your bars up a bit, they've been like that for years! haha.

Last edited by metalrideroz; 10-26-21 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-27-21, 04:08 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
nice work! just did a sampling view & really like the nights scenes near the light house. I enjoyed the voice overs too. looking forward to watching more later
Old 10-27-21, 06:14 AM
Prowler 

Bikes: 2 Trek Mtn, Cannondale R600 road, 6 vintage road bikes

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 404 Posts
As usual, I enjoyed the "film" very much. Thanks. Today I will climb up 20' onto a steep metal roof to do repairs. I sure needed this time with my second cuppa and calming thoughts first. Perfect. You two are luck to have such nice places to tour and we appreciate all the work you do to create these videos.
Old 10-28-21, 01:27 PM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
Originally Posted by waddo
Hope you enjoy it. It's very slow paced.
I've always liked your slow pace editing style, travelling by bicycle is an inherently slow paced activity, and it's fun seeing parts of the world where I have never been.

Enjoyable as always Mr waddo
Old 10-28-21, 06:07 PM
waddo

Originally Posted by metalrideroz
Great work as usual. I await the full length version to watch in one go. Thought you would have ridden down every road in the Tohoku region by now, it appears not! I wonder if you will tour the Shimane or Yamaguchi areas one day? I seem to have found many interesting (on the map at least) roads and rural places down that way which still resemble old japan, or i guess you could now call it abandoned japan. Also, here's a facetious comment, tilt your bars up a bit, they've been like that for years! haha.
I have many Google Earth pins for Shimane and Yamaguchi areas. The problem is I can only take a summer holiday during August when there are National Holidays and many students would cancel the lessons. If you look at some of the old summer trips you can see it is extremely hot and humid here at that time. Up in Tohoku, generally the weather is much nicer (except this trip as you will see in episode two). More than anything else we are just trying to have nice holidays on bikes not show the world how adventurous we are. I think as long as I can find new places to visit along with old favourites, we will continue with Tohoku in summer. We also want to go back to Hokkaido and do the east side but it's pretty expensive to get up there.
Old 10-28-21, 06:19 PM
waddo

Originally Posted by Prowler
As usual, I enjoyed the "film" very much. Thanks. Today I will climb up 20' onto a steep metal roof to do repairs. I sure needed this time with my second cuppa and calming thoughts first. Perfect. You two are luck to have such nice places to tour and we appreciate all the work you do to create these videos.
Glad you enjoyed part one. I think the reason they are "film" like i that I find music that has many moods and edit to the music, so hopefully it seems as if the music was written for the video. This episode and episode 3 have a very slow pace, the first with long clips for the lighthouse and death shrine. I try to be sensitive to the mood of each place as I edit, but I think for most people it is too slow and they will just skip through the whole thing in 5 minutes. That's why I make these video for myself and youtube is just an afterthought. So it's certainly icing on the cake when people watch them properly and enjoy them.
Old 10-29-21, 06:53 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 2735 Post(s)
Liked 969 Times in 792 Posts
More than anything else we are just trying to have nice holidays on bikes not show the world how adventurous we are.
which is another difference from most travel videos, and what I appreciate anyway.
As you say, these videos are nice memories for both of you, that's the most important thing.
Old 10-30-21, 10:35 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5222 Post(s)
Liked 3,575 Times in 2,339 Posts
For those interested, episode one of our summer northern Japan tour is now online
wonderful. perfect distraction for today. thank you
Old 10-30-21, 04:17 PM
waddo

Hope you enjoy it.
Old 11-01-21, 03:10 AM
muse kidd

Bikes: 1979 Trek 412, 2011 Dawes Ultra Galaxy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
I especially liked the still shots where the camera just films nature as it was happening. That is a very unusual technique. Nice work. Thank you for sharing.