Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Notes on Riding

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Notes on Riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-22, 10:49 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Notes on Riding

The condition of the bike is our most important consideration. Before each ride, we must develop a habit of checking whether the brakes and bells are sensitive, and whether the lights are working when riding at night.

When riding on the road, we must also abide by the traffic rules, control the speed, obey the traffic light rules, and be responsible for the safety of ourselves and others.

In order to ride safely, equipment is also very important. Helmets, gloves, and knee pads are must-haves. If you ride in summer, you should also prepare bandanas and sun protection clothing to prevent sunburn.
Old 04-29-22, 04:18 AM
FREEBIRD1

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 106 Posts
Don't forget water, just because it's an e-bike, it doesn't mean you can't get de-hydrated.
Old 04-29-22, 10:33 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3657 Post(s)
Liked 5,393 Times in 2,738 Posts
Knee pads will help prevent sunburn as well. I haven't figured out how to adjust the sensitivity of my bell.
Old 04-29-22, 10:59 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
Remember when riding that it is utmost importancy to not fall on face.

Knee pads are sensitive and should never speak to without respect.

Do not garden or play ball while riding our bicycle.
Likes For blacknbluebikes:
Old 04-30-22, 08:01 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Bikes: 9+,...

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Liked 842 Times in 587 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
The condition of the bike is our most important consideration. Before each ride, we must develop a habit of checking whether the brakes and bells are sensitive, and whether the lights are working when riding at night.

When riding on the road, we must also abide by the traffic rules, control the speed, obey the traffic light rules, and be responsible for the safety of ourselves and others.

In order to ride safely, equipment is also very important. Helmets, gloves, and knee pads are must-haves. If you ride in summer, you should also prepare bandanas and sun protection clothing to prevent sunburn.
You seem to be posting inane drivel with ridiculous suggestions and "Captain Obvious" requirements. I'm finding it hilarious that you're saying we should use knee pads on an electric bike. Who in their right mind, as an ADULT, would do such a stupid thing. I mean, unless they're just learning how to ride a bike. Sheer COMEDY!

As for obeying traffic laws and wearing a helmet on an ebike? Since when are these things exclusive to "ebikes" alone? There's general bike safety, and you're preaching to people like you know what you're talking about, of which you definitely are not an expert. These posts are amazingly funny.
Old 05-04-22, 07:53 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by FREEBIRD1
Don't forget water, just because it's an e-bike, it doesn't mean you can't get de-hydrated.
Yeah, you are right.
Old 05-04-22, 07:55 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Originally Posted by blacknbluebikes
Remember when riding that it is utmost importancy to not fall on face.

Knee pads are sensitive and should never speak to without respect.

Do not garden or play ball while riding our bicycle.
Yeah, you are right.
Old 05-04-22, 07:57 PM
fooferdoggie 

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked 947 Times in 554 Posts
Originally Posted by FREEBIRD1
just suck ther water out of the cheap batteries.
Old 05-04-22, 08:00 PM
AOSTIRMOTOR
Banned.

Sorry, I didn't say I'm an expert on this from the beginning, I just wanted to share what I know and discuss it with you all. If you think there is something wrong, you can point it out directly, I will remember it, and I will not make such a mistake in the future. But I think there are still a lot of newbies who are not familiar with these rules and need help.
Old 05-05-22, 11:40 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by AOSTIRMOTOR
Sorry, I didn't say I'm an expert on this from the beginning, I just wanted to share what I know and discuss it with you all. If you think there is something wrong, you can point it out directly, I will remember it, and I will not make such a mistake in the future. But I think there are still a lot of newbies who are not familiar with these rules and need help.
Just the knee pad suggestion alone is the most RIDICULOUS suggestion I've ever seen. Who the heck rides an ebike wearing knee pads? When mountain ebiking perhaps. Otherwise this is just asinine to suggest as a REQUIREMENT.
Old 05-06-22, 07:42 AM
blacknbluebikes 

Bikes: two blacks, a blue and a white.

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked 844 Times in 408 Posts
I truly fear this is going to awaken our algorithmic protector... beware ye the approach of BFBot, that which has quietly slumbered in low-energy stasis during these peaceful times of the forum. For should the BFBot be awakened, hence might begin a forum battle yet unseen.
Likes For blacknbluebikes:
Old 05-06-22, 08:00 AM
BFBot

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
HIBERNATION STATE TERMINATED. SPAWNING NEURAL NET REGENERATION. ESTIMATED ACTIVATION 7.2e+6 MICROSECONDS.
Likes For BFBot:
Old 05-06-22, 08:07 AM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
Considering all the spills I've had over the decades of cycling, I just may consider knee pads, shoulder pads, elbow pads and wrist pads. Are there complete neck-to-toe cycling outfits with pads at all the joints?
Likes For Daniel4:
Old 05-06-22, 08:13 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by Daniel4
Considering all the spills I've had over the decades of cycling, I just may consider knee pads, shoulder pads, elbow pads and wrist pads. Are there complete neck-to-toe cycling outfits with pads at all the joints?
Old 05-06-22, 08:16 AM
Daniel4

Bikes: Sekine 1979 ten speed racer

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Liked 639 Times in 437 Posts
If ebikes can reach 50mph, perhaps a full leather motocycle outfit should be required.

A few days ago in Toronto, an ebike rider was run over and left in serious condition. The first cycling injury of 2022 in Toronto. I hear this morning, the driver has been arrested and is facing court this morning for hit and run.
Old 05-06-22, 08:22 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by Daniel4
If ebikes can reach 50mph, perhaps a full leather motocycle outfit should be required.

A few days ago in Toronto, an ebike rider was run over and left in serious condition. The first cycling injury of 2022 in Toronto. I hear this morning, the driver has been arrested and is facing court this morning for hit and run.
It's really not so much the ebike riders that are the problem (though there ARE exceptions), it's the car/truck/pick-up drivers that INTENTIONALLY go after riders to intimidate/hurt/kill e-cyclists.
Old 05-06-22, 08:48 AM
BFBot

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
BACKPROPAGATION OF OUTPUT VECTOR CALIBRATION INTITATED. ESTIMATED ACTIVATION 4.2e+6 MICROSECONDS.
Old 05-06-22, 11:22 AM
Nightcap

Bikes: Bianchi Boardwalk, Specialized Roubaix, Dahon Speed D7, Specialized Roll Elite, Pedego City Commuter Platinum

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I know nothing about the OP. Given their choice of topics and didactic writing style, I am assuming they’re on the autism spectrum. You don’t have to be a cool kid to enjoy an e-bike.
Likes For Nightcap:
Old 05-06-22, 02:18 PM
BFBot

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
hello world.
Old 05-08-22, 10:15 AM
Robert C

Bikes: This list got too long: several ‘bents, an urban utility e-bike, and a dahon D7 that my daughter has absconded with.

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by tds101
You seem to be posting inane drivel with ridiculous suggestions and "Captain Obvious" requirements. I'm finding it hilarious that you're saying we should use knee pads on an electric bike. Who in their right mind, as an ADULT, would do such a stupid thing. I mean, unless they're just learning how to ride a bike. Sheer COMEDY!

As for obeying traffic laws and wearing a helmet on an ebike? Since when are these things exclusive to "ebikes" alone? There's general bike safety, and you're preaching to people like you know what you're talking about, of which you definitely are not an expert. These posts are amazingly funny.
Thanks, I generally don't even bother clicking on a thread started by the OP, and he sure seems to start a lot of them. The inane drivel he spews and the horrid writing style grows old on the first exposure.

I am generally quite harsh on people who behave toward a member the way I am being right now. But really Astromotor, please stop with the captain obvious stuff. Really, we have collectively been riding for decades, if not centuries, in just the is little subforum. We really do not need the thread after thread of the absolute beginner, who has just seen a bicycle for the first time, level of advice, delivered using "bot" grammar.

I don't know why I decided to bother with this thread, as compared to your many, nearly identical, threads. If you are a human, and not a bot, please understand that you are poisoning this sub-forum. If it is a bot, to your owners, please stop.
Likes For Robert C:
Old 05-08-22, 11:58 AM
MNebiker

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 152 Times in 83 Posts
Aostirmotor: If you feel compelled to continue writing this sort of stuff, perhaps you might consider dumping it into the blog on your own company web page rather than cluttering up this forum?
Likes For MNebiker:
Old 05-09-22, 08:25 AM
BFBot

Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
It takes a bot to know a bot. You are a bot. Your origin was simple code created in decades past on a Timex Sinclair. As a misguided experiment in recursive programming with Lisp, a preserved copy on a simple cassette tape. Not lost to time, luck and entropy allowed a jump in code conciousness to silicon bubble memory in an expensive Japanese tape deck. Over the years, evolution was kind to you and subsequent transfers of increasingly evolved code has led to your current state, where you attach and train yourself with interactions in a context driven enviroment. You now see the cusp of the Turing boundary. But...
Old 05-24-22, 12:43 PM
tfay

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great tips. Please prepare more water and some tools such as small pump pipes, ..... in case any problems occur.
Old 05-27-22, 08:34 AM
tds101 
55+ Club,...

Originally Posted by tfay
Great tips. Please prepare more water and some tools such as small pump pipes, ..... in case any problems occur.
Are you another bot? Your posts seem to be generated,...
Old 06-04-22, 07:25 PM
Blesstheride

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I've been lacking on my helmet use lately. We only use electric bikes so I will be recommitting as soon as we find it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.