Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

1971 Gitane Super Corsa 60CM: Your Next Winter Project?

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 12-02-22, 04:23 PM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts

Purchased from the original owners son, this 1971 Gitake Super Corsa is complete (minus bar tape, cables/housings and tires) and pretty much original, as far as I can tell.
The seller told me his father purchased two bikes in 1971 and used this Gitane to "Race" for a couple of years and then it was stored in a garage since.

Below is a link to a series of photographs to show condition and what is included in the sale:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yaiT5gkJWaSufioy9

I broke the bike down to its frame set, cleaned, degreased and inspected everything prior to putting it up for sale. All bearing surfaces are in great shape. Free wheel, bottom backet cups and seat post/stem were removed with no issues. This bike is French Threaded and has a French (22.0mm) diamtere steerer

I re-packed the hubs with fresh Park grease and the will probably need a final adjustment but spin super smooth

60 cm frame
59 cm top tube
120 rear spacing
Tubular wheels and all original parts. The brakes are the MAFAC Competition with adjustable height mounting slots

Payment through PayPal, Venmo or personal check
Asking $500, net of any ,fees shipped in the lower 48 . Please let me know if my pricing is off. It been a while since I sold a full, Campy equipped C&V bike
Old 12-02-22, 10:27 PM
Flying G

Bikes: 1971 Gitane TDF, 1974 Gitane Interclub, 2001 Serotta Rapid Tour CS3, 1986 Bruce Gordon touring bike, 1972 Gitane Super Corsa, 1978 Michal Johnson, 1972 Lambert Professional Grand Prix, 1983 Vitus (resto project), 1972 Raleigh Professional (resto)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 34 Times in 19 Posts
Great set of photos and description of frame and components! The metallic red is just beautiful. I refurbished a similar Super Corsa, same color but 64cm, for the 2020 Eroica California event. Alas it was cancelled due to the pandemic. Also refurbed another Super Corsa, 60cm in Champion Blue, for daughter who exclaimed that “This bike was built for me!” Now she is excited about riding a bike that is twice as old as she is. Before that, she could care less about vintage bikes.
Can attest that these early Super Corsas are truly special to rebuild, own and ride. They are light, nimble and handle rough roads extremely well. They attract a lot of attention wherever they are ridden
I think that you are offering a good price for either a restoration candidate or a refurb (clinchers, drive train mod, etc.). Plenty of nice components to start with. Even though the paint is marred considerably on the right seat stay, overall the frame looks very clean with no noticeable rust. Components reflect that funny Gitane habit of mixing French and Italian but that could also reflect the original owners preferences. Next owner can put a triple up front, courtesy of Red Clover, and modify or swap out the derailleurs to turn this into a hill climber.
This will be a great winter project for the right person and a wonderful ride next spring.
GLWS!
Likes For Flying G:
Old 12-02-22, 10:40 PM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,213 Times in 651 Posts
Originally Posted by fender1
Please let me know if my pricing is off. It been a while since I sold a full, Campy equipped C&V bike
Pricing is not off.
Old 12-02-22, 10:55 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: https://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Quoted: 2420 Post(s)
Liked 4,381 Times in 2,090 Posts
Gorgeous and tempting had it been a frameset - wound up acquiring a Gitane TdF that was too small for me but parted it out for the bits...which are tempting me to dig up something suitable like this.

GLWTS!

-Kurt

Likes For cudak888:
Old 12-04-22, 08:55 AM
fender1

Bikes: I hate bikes!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 431 Post(s)
Liked 710 Times in 233 Posts
Also open to reasonable offers!
Old 12-05-22, 03:56 PM