Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Excellent Pinarello Gavia, everything near new

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-22, 11:22 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked 288 Times in 158 Posts

1994-ish Pinarello Gavia with 10 speed Veloce/Chorus $1500 OBO. (SOLD) The bike is in southern Wisconsin not far from Chicago, Milwaukee or Madison. I will ship but buyer covers all costs.

I’m continuing to thin the herd. The 1972 Chrome Schwinn Paramount and 1984-ish De Rosa Professional are recently sold. I’ll probably keep my 1971 PX-10 and 1985-ish Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra. But I still have a 1972 Paramount, a 1994-ish Simoncini Cyclocross Special and a 1993-ish Pinarello Gavia to sell.

The Pinarello Gavia is the prettiest bike I’ve owned, with chrome stays & fork and a ton of Panto. I carefully removed the few faulty paper decals and wet sanded the paint. I installed a few new decals as needed. The frame looks new with no scratches, dents or corrosion.

It’s also is a first class performer and was considered top-of-the-range from Pinarello at the time. The tubing is TSX and the bike was built with an 8-speed cassette & Ergo Levers in mind. The rear drop-out is 130mm from the factory. Pinarello was the last brand to win the Tour de France with a steel frame and Big Mig. If you think that all steel bikes should have down-tube shifters, please stop reading now; this bike is not for you.

“near new” means the parts were new prior to the build. The bike has 400 miles since the build in 2015.
  • 61.5 cm seat tube (center-to-top), 58cm top tube (center-to-center)
Miche hubs (new) laced to new HN Son polished alloy clincher rims, 23mm wide
  • Vittoria Rubino Pro 25mm clincher Red sidewall
  • Campagnolo Chorus brake calipers
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Veloce Ergo shifters, near new
  • Campagnolo 10-speed Veloce derailleurs , near new
  • Campagnolo 13-29 10 speed cassette, near new
  • Thomson polished alloy seatpost, near new
  • White leather San Marco Rolls saddle, near new
  • Campagnolo Record headset & bottom bracket, near new
  • 3TTT 110mm Panto Pinarello stem

Last edited by Barrettscv; 01-14-23 at 10:29 AM.
Likes For Barrettscv:
Old 12-31-22, 11:27 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Bikes: Ridley Helium SLX, Canyon Endurance SL, De Rosa Professional, Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, Schwinn Paramount (1 painted, 1 chrome), Peugeot PX10, Serotta Nova X, Simoncini Cyclocross Special, Raleigh Roker, Pedal Force CG2 and CX2

When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 12-31-22, 11:33 AM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

When I ride my bike I feel free and happy and strong. I'm liberated from the usual nonsense of day to day life. Solid, dependable, silent, my bike is my horse, my fighter jet, my island, my friend. Together we will conquer that hill and thereafter the world.
Old 12-31-22, 12:48 PM
Sedgemop 

Bikes: '72 Peugeot PX-10 '78 Motobecane Le Champion '83 Motobecane Grand Jubile '85 Trek 830 '88 Merckx Team ADR Corsa Extra

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 1,214 Times in 651 Posts
That's a good looking Pinarello. I got in mind to buy an 80's Merckx in 2023. If yours is the same size as the Pinarello, I'll want to talk about it if you decide to sell. Good luck with your sale.
Likes For Sedgemop:
Old 01-26-23, 04:25 PM
Barrettscv 
Have bike, will travel

Sold and shipped to its new owner in California.
Likes For Barrettscv: