Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Anyone Coming Back from Covid Pneumonia

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-21, 06:04 PM
fastcarbon

Bikes: SL6 S Works Tarmac, 7 series Trek Madone, Saris Hammer Smart Trainer, Eddie Merckx, Ciocc, Trek 5900, DeRosa, Peugot, Diverge Gravel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 32 Posts

I traveled from Masters Nationals in Albuquerque to Texas to visit my grandchildren; I ended up with a mild Covid ( I had the two Moderna shots in Jan. and Feb.) but ended up with Covid Pneumonia which scars and damages your lungs. So I continue to slowly reverse the decreased O2 saturation with rides that were EZ but now extremely hard.
I am wondering if others are on this treadmill of not being able to reach original max heart rates but slowly being able to increase heart rates with each ride. When I started riding again 115 bpm was max but now reaching 145bpm but way short of the 165bpm I need to be competitive. My max watts so far is 500 way below the 800-900W I used to get to pre Covid. By the way I am 79.
Likes For fastcarbon:
Old 11-09-21, 08:38 PM
qcpmsame 
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Damn, that's some tough stuff to deal with. thankful that we haven't had any positives in our home, as of yet. From experience with AFIB, and resulting ablation surgery, I'd have a cardiologist and pulmonologist eval things for the peace of mind. Hope that you get things sorted, prayers for continued riding and a complete recovery.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 11-10-21, 05:55 PM
gobicycling
Made it to 84 WHOOPIE

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 493 Times in 153 Posts
Originally Posted by fastcarbon
I traveled from Masters Nationals in Albuquerque to Texas to visit my grandchildren; I ended up with a mild Covid ( I had the two Moderna shots in Jan. and Feb.) but ended up with Covid Pneumonia which scars and damages your lungs. So I continue to slowly reverse the decreased O2 saturation with rides that were EZ but now extremely hard.
I am wondering if others are on this treadmill of not being able to reach original max heart rates but slowly being able to increase heart rates with each ride. When I started riding again 115 bpm was max but now reaching 145bpm but way short of the 165bpm I need to be competitive. My max watts so far is 500 way below the 800-900W I used to get to pre Covid. By the way I am 79.
That's really scary. We've had two modernas and just last month the booster. We think we'll start wearing the mask again in stores. I have reduced oxygen level anyway because of a lung disease.

Colorado is now limiting icu's because we're out of them. Some folks just won't get vaccinated. Glad you're healing best of luck.
Likes For gobicycling: