Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Living Car Free
Reload this Page >

Cycling in the rain

Notices
Living Car Free Do you live car free or car light? Do you prefer to use alternative transportation (bicycles, walking, other human-powered or public transportation) for everyday activities whenever possible? Discuss your lifestyle here.

Cycling in the rain

Old 05-18-22, 01:26 PM
lorr1e1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I've ridden in light and heavy rain, and light dusting of snow on the ground as i don't have a mountain bike or any special tyres i didn't slip back then i was careful and let the tyres down for a bit more grip.
Old 05-18-22, 01:28 PM
lorr1e1

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fooferdoggie
I ride way to much in the rain. but most of the time its cold rain here in portland. I have a good showers pass Jacket that I think I will replace with a really good goretex jacket as it gets dirty just looking at it and it tends to get damp and to dry out fully for the evening ride home. I did find felt lined waterproof pants to wear when the rain is not super heavy and they keep my legs warm and I can work in them. waterproof shoes I change out of. but Just bought a good light weight goretex jacket thats easy to carry for the warmer rain rides. the water proof pants are too warm really. got a set of chrome water resistant pants that get too hot at 70 but for some reason they did not water resist the crotch so all the water that runs off the coat goes right there.
I have a Regatta toro but hadn't used it for a while so the water repellancy stopped working i was able to revivie it but its not at the same level. so i'm on the look out for something else just cant find anything similar to my jacket, i've seen a couple of showerpass online not seen it stocked anywhere so cannot view it in person.
Old 03-19-23, 04:56 AM
SB1501

Bikes: Giant Escape 3 (2021), Raleigh Edale (2016)

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
I'm planning to get a waterproof jacket to wear over everyday clothes, and waterproof over trousers, and shoe covers. Hopefully this will keep me clean and dry enough to go to work on the bike someday. Rain is common here in the UK!
Old 03-25-23, 05:40 PM
baldilocks

Bikes: Giant ATX Lite & Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
If it's cold, I wear a cycling poncho I found on amazon. If it's hot. I would just wear a wind breaker. You may want fenders and / or a change of clothes.
Old 04-05-23, 08:55 AM
realdahon

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't like it but yeah sometimes it's not option
Old 09-03-23, 06:19 PM
baldilocks

Bikes: Giant ATX Lite & Schwinn Mesa

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
I have a cheap cycling rain poncho from amazon. It's nice because the air can flow under it keeping me cool. Also, Know your route. I have a pot hole that would look harmless if filled with water, but could easily swallow a front tire.