Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Wahoo Element Bolt Questions?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-22, 07:16 AM
Mattyb13

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Tarmac Pro

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Hi fellow Roadies,
I have been using the Wahoo Element Bolt for 2 years. Love it. Having a small issue that seems software related. I have performed all software updates properly. However, no matter the actual battery level it is giving me a constant "LOW BATTERY" warning. Flashing Lights etc. It still seems to read and perform accurately, but I am constantly having to DISMISS the false low battery warnings. Fairly annoying. Has anyone encountered this, and or have any suggested solutions? Thx.
Old 06-18-22, 12:44 PM
blazin
Blazer of saddles, trails

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 25 Posts
Contact Wahoo support through the website. There’s a good chance they will send you a replacement unit.
Likes For blazin:
Old 06-18-22, 03:53 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,944 Times in 1,906 Posts
are you sure the low battery isn't a sync'd accessory? Try unpairing a sensor, one at a time, to see if the alert goes away.
Old 06-21-22, 05:33 PM
Mattyb13

Bikes: 2021 Specialized Tarmac Pro

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Troul
are you sure the low battery isn't a sync'd accessory? Try unpairing a sensor, one at a time, to see if the alert goes away.
@Troul great advice and you were dead right. My Power meter battery was dead and my Bolt was telling me to change the battery. Super appreciate the advice.
Likes For Mattyb13:
Old 06-21-22, 06:05 PM
waters60

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 63 Posts
One thing I learned about my Bolt was to follow the battery charging recommendations from
Wahoo. For years I used an extra Apple block but when the Bolt started having weird behavior I switched to the recommended charging block. Not sure but look at the Wahoo site.
Old 06-22-22, 06:34 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by waters60
One thing I learned about my Bolt was to follow the battery charging recommendations from
Wahoo. For years I used an extra Apple block but when the Bolt started having weird behavior I switched to the recommended charging block. Not sure but look at the Wahoo site.
Mine charges with an Apple power adapter (5W / 1A DC), but very slowly. It's a lot faster with a more powerful converter (2A and up).
Old 06-24-22, 03:28 AM
Greatestalltime

Bikes: Tcr advanced sl & Protos

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 33 Posts
I use a charger and block from some Beats headphones. I figure with the price of the damn things that they better have come with a good charger and mine charges well.
Old 06-24-22, 07:16 AM
waters60

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked 108 Times in 63 Posts
Originally Posted by Greatestalltime
I use a charger and block from some Beats headphones. I figure with the price of the damn things that they better have come with a good charger and mine charges well.
I agree they should supply a charging block with it since they explicitly say to not use a standard Apple charging block and so many people have more of those to spare that they will end up using them.
Likes For waters60:
Old 06-24-22, 08:36 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 582 Times in 438 Posts
Originally Posted by waters60
I agree they should supply a charging block with it since they explicitly say to not use a standard Apple charging block and so many people have more of those to spare that they will end up using them.
Yep! It reduces their production cost. That's why I put electrical outlets with integrated USB ports in the areas where I need them most. There are also outlet extenders that can be plugged in regular outlets!