Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Magnetic Resistance Fix for Indoor Spin Bike

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Magnetic Resistance Fix for Indoor Spin Bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-21, 11:11 AM
Trickyfix72

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Magnetic Resistance Fix for Indoor Spin Bike

Hi
I have had an indoor spin bike for a while and went to use it the other day and the magnetic resistance no longer works. i.e. Turning the Resistance Clockwise or Counter Clockwise doesn't increase or decrease resistance. Even pushing the resistance knob down doesn't apply the brake.

When twisting the resistance knob the resistance doesn't get heavier or lighter. I removed the plastic casing and found a loose Nut and Washer - unsure where they were from or how they ended up in that position. The main thread for screwing the resistance seems to have come away from those. Re-aligning them hasn't helped. I can now see when twisting the resistance clockwise to add resistance, the thread is pushing the strip of magnets closer to the wheel but there is still no resistance being applied.

I had taken some photos but when I tried submitting them I got a message saying I couldn't as I am a new member. I appreciate the above description is probably a little difficult to visualize. However if anyone has had an issue similar to the description and or magnetic resistance any helpful suggestions would be great.

Thanks a lot,
Old 06-08-21, 08:08 PM
Barry2 
LR÷P=HR

Bikes: 1981 Holdsworth Special, 1993 C-dale MT3000 & 1996 F700CAD3, 2018 Cervelo R3 & 2022 R5, JustGo Runt, Ridley Oval, Kickr Bike 8-)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 867 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 693 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums.
Yes there is a 10 post limitation before you can post pictures.
Go Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" forum and burn a couple posts there.
Be sure to state where you are located in the subject line, it attracts chatty locals.

Barry