Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Ergon GP5

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-21, 05:08 AM
Fendertele

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
Ergon GP5

I’ve ordered these for my wife’s 2019 Verve 2. Will they fit on Treks OEM handle bar?
Old 08-07-21, 07:05 AM
Jeff Neese

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Liked 681 Times in 438 Posts
They fit on standard flat bars. I have three sets of them, on two of my bikes and also my wife's.
Old 08-07-21, 11:40 AM
MrWasabi

Bikes: 2014 Fuji Traverse 1.3, 2020 Electra Cruiser 1, 1995 Giant CFM-4

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 36 Posts
There is a thread over in the hybrid forum where Ergon stated that they won't fit the IsoZone bars. Not sure what bars your wife's Verve 2 have.

https://www.bikeforums.net/hybrid-bi...one-grips.html

I have GP5 Biocork grips on my Traverse and like them a lot. I may move to a GP3 though as I don't think I need that much bar end for my purposes.
Old 08-07-21, 03:48 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
Love my Ergons but not sure about Trek stuff but I could easily see Trek trying to further push you towards their grips with proprietary B.S. However a handle bar should be a dang handlebar and fit normal stuff if not find a shop that is not trek and can sell you the right handle bar and you can just move everything over and use whatever dang grips you want : )
Old 08-07-21, 05:42 PM
Fendertele

Bikes: Trek Domane SL5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 28 Posts
These delivered today and I just installed them on the Verve OEM handlebars. Uneventful and easy install. I’ll post a comment in the hybrid forum after my wife gets a ride with them.
Likes For Fendertele: