Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Box of Simplex, Cinelli, Mafac, Campy & Stronglight components - $150

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-20, 11:18 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts

*LOT SOLD*

Just sold my 72 PX10 frameset for a bit more than expected and would like to let the components go for a good price here. I'm not well versed in the worth of some of these components but I believe I've priced them relatively low based on some cursory research. I'd like to let the box go for $150 plus shipping and will wait a few days before parting them out. When I do that I've listed prices below. Call dibs on whatever you want in the event that nobody wants the lot. Hoping my approach and prices are fair, if not we can discuss! I will have better individual pics up shortly which should help as I'm not aware of the exact models of some of these (namely the stem, bars and FD).

All components as I found them, never cleaned by me but all in good shape under the grime. None of these prices include shipping.

Stronglight Crankset (52/48): $50
Cinelli Handlebars: $20
Simplex shifters: $25
Campy FD: $20
Campy Cable Guide: $15
Simplex Prestige RD: $20
Stronglight Headset: $20
Mafac levers and Hoods: $25
3ttt stem: $20
Simplex Seatpost (not yet pictured): $30

Mafac straddle cable bridges, pump clamps and Mafac rear brake cable hanger can go to whoever purchases something else and wants any of these items.

Last edited by polymorphself; 12-11-20 at 05:18 PM.
Old 12-11-20, 01:27 AM
Insidious C. 

Bikes: One of everything and three of everything French

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked 334 Times in 211 Posts
Dibs on Simplex seatpost in the event you don't sell the whole lot.
Old 12-11-20, 01:59 AM
gaucho777 

Bikes: '72 Cilo Pacer, '72 Gitane Gran Tourisme, '72 Peugeot PX10, '73 Speedwell Ti, '74 Peugeot UE-8, '75 Peugeot PR-10L, '80 Colnago Super, '85 De Rosa Pro, '86 Look Equipe 753, '86 Look KG86, '89 Parkpre Team, '90 Parkpre Team MTB, '90 Merlin

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 830 Post(s)
Liked 2,110 Times in 553 Posts
I have a '72 PX10 project bike, missing a bunch of original parts (link). I'm interested in buying the whole lot.

Probably won't influence my decision, but might as well ask:
Length of the stem?
Width of bars?
Assume all clamp on bits are for metric tubing (no loose fit issues on the PX10)?

Btw, are the Mafac (Racer?) calipers available, too? And did the BB stay with the frame you sold?
Likes For gaucho777:
Old 12-11-20, 04:41 AM
dmark 

Bikes: 68 SS, 72 Fuji Finest, 72 PX-10, 77 Pana Pro 7000, 84 Pinnarello Treviso NR, 84 Trek 520, 88 Project KOM, 90 Trek 750, 91 Trek 930

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked 204 Times in 142 Posts
Dibs on stem and handlebars if not sold.
Old 12-11-20, 05:38 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
I’ll need a lot of those bits and pieces for a new project bike. I have a Mercier 300 with a bad headset that I want to get on the road. I’m interested in the rear derailleur, the headset, and the small bits and pieces you are throwing in. I’ll buy them if not sold as a lot.

Last edited by bikemig; 12-11-20 at 11:14 AM.
Likes For bikemig:
Old 12-11-20, 10:20 AM
polymorphself 

Originally Posted by gaucho777
I have a '72 PX10 project bike, missing a bunch of original parts (link). I'm interested in buying the whole lot.

Probably won't influence my decision, but might as well ask:
Length of the stem?
Width of bars?
Assume all clamp on bits are for metric tubing (no loose fit issues on the PX10)?

Btw, are the Mafac (Racer?) calipers available, too? And did the BB stay with the frame you sold?
Cool, got this on hold for you, will get the stem and bars measured after work as well as better photos. You probably know this, but the stem, bars and FD were not original to this bike, but upgrades from a past owner.

And yep, no loose bits, all metric and fits appropriately.

The mafac racers and BB went with the frame, I threw them in for free as it was the buyers birthday gift to himself and he needed them.
Old 12-11-20, 10:29 AM
mcgregorj 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 22 Posts
I would take the Stronglight headset, if it becomes available. Thanks!
Likes For mcgregorj:
Old 12-11-20, 02:42 PM
Catnap 

Bikes: Zunow, 3Rensho, Look KG196

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked 464 Times in 183 Posts
i feel lame asking because i don't need anything else from the pile, but i seriously need one of those pump pegs. Happy to pay for it plus shipping etc.
Old 12-11-20, 03:10 PM
marius.suiram 

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 172 Times in 110 Posts
Originally Posted by Catnap
i feel lame asking because i don't need anything else from the pile, but i seriously need one of those pump pegs. Happy to pay for it plus shipping etc.
Did you see those on ebay. Not original, but still nice.
"Vintage Style Bicycle Frame Fit Chrome Pump Pegs Holders Clips".
I have a pair of old ones, but more expensive than the ones from ebay.

Old 12-11-20, 04:09 PM
polymorphself 

Originally Posted by Catnap
I've been messaging with gaucho777 and am almost positive he's sealed the deal and is purchasing the lot. I did say in my original post it's the whole lot for $150 and don't want to go back on that, so maybe take it up with him after if he decides he's not going to use them

That being said, they aren't marked in any way, so I imagine the ones posted above would be just as well! I actually can't tell the difference between mine and the ones in that photo. The ones in the photo are possibly a hair thicker? But I'm not sure. Everything else appears the same.

Full disclosure, I did feel bad selling as a lot knowing people may want specific things pretty badly, but a quick and easy sale that someone here could also benefit from was the goal.

Last edited by polymorphself; 12-11-20 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-11-20, 04:26 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself
I've been messaging with gaucho777 and am almost positive he's sealed the deal and is purchasing the lot. I did say in my original post it's the whole lot for $150 and don't want to go back on that, so maybe take it up with him after if he decides he's not going to use them

That being said, they aren't marked in any way, so I imagine the ones posted above would be just as well! I actually can't tell the difference between mine and the ones in that photo. The ones in the photo are possibly a hair thicker? But I'm not sure. Everything else appears the same.

Full disclosure, I did feel bad selling as a lot knowing people may want specific things pretty badly, but a quick and easy sale that someone here could also benefit from was the goal.
Makes a lot of sense to sell it as a lot instead of having to ship out a lot of boxes. But I'm likely interested in the whole lot if the deal with Gaucho falls through (and the headset and RD plus the small bits if you part this out). I need a french threaded headset with a 34-35 mm stack height for a Mercier 300 I'm rebuilding. I *think* that the headset off your P10 is a stronglight P3 with a low stack height.
Old 12-11-20, 04:32 PM
mcgregorj 

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by polymorphself

No worries - that totally makes sense. I'm really only after a Stronglight toothed washer to replace the one I stupidly cracked while removing my V4!
Likes For mcgregorj:
Old 12-11-20, 05:18 PM
polymorphself 

*lot sold*