Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

What came in the post for you today?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

What came in the post for you today?

Old 12-31-21, 06:37 PM
malcala622

Bikes: 1983 Basso Gap...2013 Colnago CX-1...2015 Bianchi Intenso

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1198 Post(s)
Liked 1,353 Times in 715 Posts
Just delivered a few minutes ago and the last one of 2021

Likes For malcala622:
Old 12-31-21, 06:46 PM
smontanaro 

Bikes: many

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1439 Post(s)
Liked 1,377 Times in 755 Posts
I took a flyer on a miscellaneous lot on eBay which arrived yesterday. In addition to a Shimano Pocket Pro Pocket Vise

and some pink Cateye handlebar tape and plugs

the package also included a Blackburn rear view mirror and some very light Minoura tire levers.
Old 01-03-22, 07:34 PM
malcala622

A cheap 7-Eleven jersey

And a few dozens storage boxes for my hot wheels. They're going into hibernation for a while.

Likes For malcala622:
Old 01-03-22, 07:48 PM
repechage

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Quoted: 3463 Post(s)
Liked 2,826 Times in 1,994 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622
A cheap 7-Eleven jersey

And a few dozens storage boxes for my hot wheels. They're going into hibernation for a while.

cool. I gave away my hot wheels and gave my sister the Matchbox cars. I kept the corgis. They are wrapped up and have been so for decades. 30? Or so.
Likes For repechage:
Old 01-04-22, 09:35 AM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked 2,176 Times in 1,181 Posts
Force
Back in CA and this was on the porch.
Thanks, Ben

Thanks Matt!

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Old 01-04-22, 11:31 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quoted: 2322 Post(s)
Liked 4,925 Times in 1,760 Posts
Had this waiting when I came home last night.

BB with the upgraded bearings, spindle 108mm with Italian cups

This is what it's going into.
Old 01-05-22, 08:49 PM
malcala622

Ultegra 8000 11-28 cassette for the Intenso and Sram 830 chain for the Sport SX

Last edited by malcala622; 01-05-22 at 08:59 PM.
Likes For malcala622:
Old 01-05-22, 09:00 PM
malcala622

Originally Posted by repechage
cool. I gave away my hot wheels and gave my sister the Matchbox cars. I kept the corgis. They are wrapped up and have been so for decades. 30? Or so.
I ordered 50 cases. I say I'm not buying more cars but I can't resist the toy store on my work route.
Old 01-06-22, 12:56 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 278 Post(s)
Quoted: 2192 Post(s)
Liked 4,572 Times in 1,758 Posts
I needed a BB for a good-looking but otherwise entry level French frame I am building up. The best option a quick search in the local classifieds yielded at a reasonable price was this used Campagnolo 35 X 1 example from a well-known local trader. It arrived this afternoon and it spins very smoothly. I am not complaining.

Old 01-06-22, 01:06 PM
fabiofarelli

Bikes: Especialy Alan, but also Empella, Cascarsi, Gazelle, Bianchi, CJV, Sirocco, Berkers etcetera

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 997 Times in 355 Posts
Originally Posted by non-fixie
Frankie! My man.
Old 01-06-22, 01:59 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 421 Posts

A box of 8 RX100 hubs, 7 speed and 126mm spacing.
Likes For bark_eater:
Old 01-06-22, 06:04 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,916 Times in 1,488 Posts
A member on FB Steel is Real posted these for sale. I made a comment that they were a perfect match for my Cornelo. I was still deciding whether I really needed them when he asked for address and just sent them to me!! How fabulous

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 01-07-22, 05:48 AM
Aardwolf
Wheelman

Bikes: 1982 Holdsworth Avanti (531), 1961 Holdsworth Cyclone

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Liked 654 Times in 331 Posts
I've been having urban pedestrian issues, and there's only one traditional solution: Buy a bell on Ebay

I did some research on here and the Crane Suzu rated well, but what sold me was the review on Amazon:

Then you ring the bell and behold as the true magnificence is revealed; just one simple ping and a sphere of utter joy instantly grows around all within earshot as people turn to point actually smiling in delight (even in London), the Sirens of mythology would change their tune if only they knew, the reception desk at the gates of heaven has one of these. It resonates clear and long unlike any mere bicycle bell before ever dared to dream, I have found myself going down to the bike shed late at night just to check it wasn’t my imagination before climbing into bed with an inane grin then falling into a content deep slumber.
Yes you could buy cheaper or neater but surely you would missing out on this sonorous brass bliss ?

I have to say I love the sound, I'm taking it to the pub tonight to entertain my friends.

Haven't worked out where to mount it yet, probably on the stem - I don't really want to take my left hand off the back brake to ring the bell but it would fit on that side.
Likes For Aardwolf:
Old 01-07-22, 07:53 AM
DQRider 
Old Boy

Bikes: Mostly 1st-generation, top-of-the-line, non-unicrown MTBs/ATBs: All 1984 models: Dawes Ranger, Peugeot Canyon Express, Ross Mt. Whitney (chrome), Schwinn High Sierra, and a 1983 Trek 850.

Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Quoted: 984 Post(s)
Liked 1,715 Times in 611 Posts
Originally Posted by Aardwolf
I've been having urban pedestrian issues, and there's only one traditional solution: Buy a bell on Ebay

I did some research on here and the Crane Suzu rated well, but what sold me was the review on Amazon:

Then you ring the bell and behold as the true magnificence is revealed; just one simple ping and a sphere of utter joy instantly grows around all within earshot as people turn to point actually smiling in delight (even in London), the Sirens of mythology would change their tune if only they knew, the reception desk at the gates of heaven has one of these. It resonates clear and long unlike any mere bicycle bell before ever dared to dream, I have found myself going down to the bike shed late at night just to check it wasn’t my imagination before climbing into bed with an inane grin then falling into a content deep slumber.
Yes you could buy cheaper or neater but surely you would missing out on this sonorous brass bliss ?

I have to say I love the sound, I'm taking it to the pub tonight to entertain my friends.

Haven't worked out where to mount it yet, probably on the stem - I don't really want to take my left hand off the back brake to ring the bell but it would fit on that side.
The stem mount is the way to go. As you can see below, the Crane Suzu Bell has other magical properties.

I totally agree with the Amazon reviewer. The way this bell resonates is a spiritual experience... very Zen-like. When I'm on a trail through the forest, or a tunnel of any kind, I'll ring it just to hear that sound.

Roulez pour la joie, jamais pour la douleur.

USMC 1981-1991 Semper Fi!
Likes For DQRider:
Old 01-07-22, 11:14 AM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 700 Posts

I was just about to buy a used one of these on Craigslist, but I noticed that the mount was the headset spacer version, and it's too thick for any of my headsets (10mm). I'll keep it in mind now that I know about it!
Old 01-07-22, 11:16 AM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,204 Times in 700 Posts
Originally Posted by bark_eater

A box of 8 RX100 hubs, 7 speed and 126mm spacing.
Ooh, if you decide to convert any of these to 9+ speeds with a freehub swap, I'd be interested to buy the 7sp freehub bodies from you.
Old 01-07-22, 11:23 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 735 Times in 421 Posts
Originally Posted by noobinsf
Ooh, if you decide to convert any of these to 9+ speeds with a freehub swap, I'd be interested to buy the 7sp freehub bodies from you.
No plans to convert these.
I think bike wagon is still selling 7 speed body's on ebay pretty cheap.
Old 01-07-22, 05:07 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2924 Post(s)
Liked 2,916 Times in 1,488 Posts

They are great bells I have one on almost every bike

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 01-07-22, 05:56 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 870 Post(s)
Liked 2,264 Times in 1,268 Posts
I keep my Corgi and dinky toys out so I can play with them when I get tired of building bikes. They don’t take as much room. This is one of three cabinets, the other two are smaller. One just for military vehicles. Yea, it’s an OCD thing , don’t get me started on palm trees!
Likes For Kabuki12:
Old 01-07-22, 06:43 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4501 Post(s)
Liked 6,367 Times in 3,663 Posts
^^^^^ Monkeemobile and the Enterprise.
Old 01-08-22, 09:15 AM
repechage

Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I keep my Corgi and dinky toys out so I can play with them when I get tired of building bikes. They don’t take as much room. This is one of three cabinets, the other two are smaller. One just for military vehicles. Yea, it’s an OCD thing , don’t get me started on palm trees!
bike content on that upper shelf. Very Nice, and with boxes!
nice bunch. I have a half dozen Chipperfield’s Circus trucks, mostly gifts from when I was young, they were expensive. The Bond DB5 went Mia.
the DeTomaso is notable for the removable running chassis. I did get a Holmes Wrecker tow truck for cheap as the derricks were tarnished.
after I was 8, any money went to bicycles.
Likes For repechage:
Old 01-08-22, 09:54 AM
Kabuki12

The Nuovo Record box is what I was going to post before I got side tracked. I recently was the only bidder on a NOS Campagnolo Super Record front derailleur , supposedly in "the original box". Of course that was incorrect as the front derailleur was from the eighties and would have come in a blue box (I think). Besides , I think the box is for a rear derailleur. Inside the box were a couple of OLD Campagnolo shop stickers unused and the derailleur. Nice buy for $23 + $8 shipping! The derailleur is beautiful , not sure what it will end up on but for now it sits with my car collection along with some stuff(second shelf to the left) from Eroica when it was in Paso Robles. In one of my other cases is more of that kind of stuff. I have issues but it is all under control!!
Old 01-08-22, 10:07 AM
repechage

Yes, that box looks like for a rear mechanism.
those came in various ways, some with the mounting claw, and even bottom bracket cable guide, cable and stainless cable housing with end fittings.
the Front mech box was smaller and if it has the black arm, would have been in a fold flat blue box.
I don’t have many campagnolo boxes. I was cleaning up the bike room and found a second box of NOS SL pedals. Nice surprise.
Old 01-08-22, 10:19 AM
Kabuki12

Yes, that box looks like for a rear mechanism.
those came in various ways, some with the mounting claw, and even bottom bracket cable guide, cable and stainless cable housing with end fittings.
the Front mech box was smaller and if it has the black arm, would have been in a fold flat blue box.
I don’t have many campagnolo boxes. I was cleaning up the bike room and found a second box of NOS SL pedals. Nice surprise.
Yes , black arm . The SL pedals are my favorites, dunno why but I just like the way they look and easy to rebuild when the time comes.
Old 01-09-22, 02:30 PM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 265 Posts
6 Speed shift lever insert for my Vitus 979 (Optimized for Winner/Athena)

Campagnolo Shifter Insert: 6 Speed Yellow

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.