Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Dirt Jumper frames (i need some help)

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-22, 02:24 PM
somewhatfast

Bikes: 2007 26" Specialized Hardrock (currently being rebuilt) 2015 24" Giant XTCjr MTB turned dirt jumper.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey there users of Bike Forums. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a cheap-ish frame for a dirt jumper? Im 14 years old, around 5ft (i feel short) and 90ish pounds. I dont know if I should go with a 24" wheel size or 26", so I guess my question is, as I get better, I want to build a DJ'er that is a stronger purpose built bike than my current 24" MTB-DJ conversion.
Thanks!!

Last edited by somewhatfast; 03-27-22 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-26-22, 04:05 PM
cxwrench

Bikes: lots

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1958 Post(s)
Liked 2,932 Times in 1,489 Posts
Why are you wanting just a frame? It doesn't sound like you have any parts as you're undecided on wheel size, but it's ALWAYS more expensive to build a bike than to buy a complete bike. I'd go 26" for sure.
Likes For cxwrench:
Old 03-26-22, 04:24 PM
somewhatfast

Bikes: 2007 26" Specialized Hardrock (currently being rebuilt) 2015 24" Giant XTCjr MTB turned dirt jumper.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by cxwrench
Why are you wanting just a frame? It doesn't sound like you have any parts as you're undecided on wheel size, but it's ALWAYS more expensive to build a bike than to buy a complete bike. I'd go 26" for sure.
Oh I have parts. I just want a frame bcz I have a 24" DJ and dont want to rebuild it when im gonna outgrow it soon, and all the full bikes I have looked at are like 500-1900 bucks, and I dont have that kind of cash.. yet.

Last edited by somewhatfast; 03-26-22 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-28-22, 12:49 PM
c_m_shooter

Bikes: Soma Pescadero, Surly Pugsley, Salsa Fargo, Schwinn Klunker, Gravity SS 27.5, Monocog 29er

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 166 Posts
If you can't afford a complete bike, you won't be able to build a frame. It will cost nearly double the cost of a complete to build it yourself. Look for a good used bike, and SS will save you a few bucks.