Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Cost to Fix a Bent Tire

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Cost to Fix a Bent Tire

Old 05-18-22, 09:44 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18394 Post(s)
Liked 15,466 Times in 7,307 Posts
Originally Posted by pdlamb

(And how did the burglar leave the IFs alone? Do you collect charcoal ashes from a grill and dust the expensive bikes with them after every ride to make them look less attractive??)
Thinking is the GF and I came home one Friday night after shopping and dinner. With the cat running around our feet crying for dinner, we forgot to lock the front door. Someone came around trying front doors, which is not surprising around Christmas time. People look for easy things to snatch, like laptops. The Surly was oriented to roll out the front door. The two IF's were hanging on a wall mounted rack. He also got my flip phone. We were in bed watching the late news. Him shutting the front door as he left (how kind of him) was what led us to think someone was in the house.

Losing the bike was was not the worst part. Attached to the bike were my custom and irreplaceable Robert Beckman racks. The companion panniers are designed so that they only work with the racks.
Old 05-18-22, 01:08 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10944 Post(s)
Liked 7,469 Times in 4,179 Posts
Originally Posted by VegasTriker
What really stood out to me is the entry level components used on this bike. Just not used to seeing an MSRP of 2K and still using entry level components like Shimano Sora.
9sp Shimano compatible is the sweetspot for getting a triple to work with an MTB RD to work with road shifting. Shimano keeps pushing 9sp down their product line so the model of FD or RD changes over time.
...though it was 10sp for a time in the mid-20teens. XT RD I think, along with Sora FD and bar end shifters.