Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Are you in Santa Fe?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Are you in Santa Fe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-22, 06:46 PM
t_e_r_r_y

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 44 Posts
Are you in Santa Fe?

If so, please keep an eye out for my beloved Univega. It was stolen from my apartment's "secure" indoor bike rack either yesterday or the day before.

Likes For t_e_r_r_y:
Old 04-27-22, 10:33 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
I sadly don't live anywhere nearby because I would love to get the bike back to you it is a neat mix of parts and love a good Hite-Rite. Hopefully the jerks that stole it get caught and you get the bike back intact.

I will say to anyone reading this thread, bike rooms are not safe and you still need to lock your bikes up and use good quality and highly secure locks. Cables are not locks they are light theft deterrents in most places. Also make sure you are locking frame and rear wheel because generally that is your most valuable wheel. It is good to also have some form of wheel locks or deterrents which could be hex skewers or even a cable looped through the front wheel or better yet another lock. Also make sure what you are locking to is stable and secure and cannot more easily but cut or removed. Your lock is only as strong as your weakest point. Don't trust your neighbors not to take your bike they may also have friends they let in that might take it or there just isn't much security or there is a ton of security but they don't care for any number of reasons. You might even consider having a lock you leave in the room that is really hard to get into and quite heavy and try and look as far away from the door or any power outlets as possible.

Also file a police report (yes I know they are generally worthless) because if a shop has that information they can action upon the bike otherwise they can say hey some sketch ball came in with your bike and that is about it legally. Sure they can do illegal stuff and it is quite tempting to do so but alas in doing the right thing they could get punished and the thief walks away scot-free and probably with the stolen bike. Having been in a situation where a driver rammed into a cyclist totaled his bike turned right over 3 lanes of traffic, drove down the wrong side of the road through a red light and then finally ended up crashed on the sidewalk in a planter box with about 20 witnesses and the driver left with just a warning and the cyclist who got him pulled over was put in the back of a cruiser in cuffs, doing the right thing doesn't always end well.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 04-28-22, 03:10 AM
mtbikerjohn 

Bikes: a few..

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked 146 Times in 95 Posts
I'd start checking FB Marketplace or Albuquerque Craigslist. Lots of bikes get stolen,then dumped in the Q ,usually at one of the pawn shops.
Likes For mtbikerjohn:
Old 04-28-22, 09:20 AM
locolobo13 

Bikes: Trek Mtn Bike

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
Liked 2,634 Times in 945 Posts
Post this in the Southwest Regional Forum as well. Although fewer people check there.

https://www.bikeforums.net/southwest/
Likes For locolobo13: