Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Wanted - Campagnolo Velox rear derailleur...

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Old 02-23-21, 05:11 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 934 Posts

I would like to get my hands on a good condition, cosmetically and mechanically, for an old Italian road bike that I just finished. I can pay through PayPal or offer something in trade. Anyway, this is what I seek...

I have found the derailleur that I need, a Campy Gran Turismo. Thanks all.

Last edited by randyjawa; 03-01-21 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-23-21, 06:35 PM
PilotFishBob 
So it goes.

Bikes: A few. Quite a few.

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 628 Times in 258 Posts
I need to go dig in my parts box but pretty sure I have one in good condition you can have for the cost of shipping, just spring for a beer if we ever meet up, I'll track it down tomorrow morning and send you some pics to check. I think I actually bought it here with some Valentino Extras and a mess of other low end Campy stuff - no idea what I was thinking at the time but nothing ever came of it, as is often the case. To quote Kurt Vonnegut - 'And so it goes...'
Likes For PilotFishBob:
Old 02-23-21, 06:39 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2286 Post(s)
Liked 2,025 Times in 1,243 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotFishBob
I need to go dig in my parts box but pretty sure I have one in good condition you can have for the cost of shipping, just spring for a beer if we ever meet up, I'll track it down tomorrow morning and send you some pics to check. I think I actually bought it here with some Valentino Extras and a mess of other low end Campy stuff - no idea what I was thinking at the time but nothing ever came of it, as is often the case. To quote Kurt Vonnegut - 'And so it goes...'
As disciples of the Book of Bokonon say, 'Busy, busy busy'.
Hard to believe KV wrote that in '61. Genius.
Likes For clubman:
Old 02-23-21, 08:49 PM
oneclick 

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 1093 Post(s)
Liked 1,295 Times in 765 Posts
I have a very nice Velox, just a little bit of chrome flaking at the bend on the rear face of the top pivot (where they all flake). Too late tonight, I'll take pics tomorrow.

And I'm on the same side of the border - what do you have to trade? I'm after quite a few things, got a Simplex no-plastic front mech? Zeus shifters or hubs (or front mech)? Campy Triomphe left arm 170mm? Gian Robert seatpost (26.4)? Roto front mech? GB brake levers? Weinmann concave rims?
Old 02-24-21, 03:03 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Liked 2,192 Times in 1,234 Posts
I don’t have one I would let go of but they are good derailleurs that shift nicely. I have one on an old French bike and it is beautiful, I love the chrome and the red pivot bolts!
Old 02-24-21, 08:44 AM
Wildwood 
Veteran, Pacifist

Bikes: Bikes??? Thought this was social media?!?

Mentioned: 284 Post(s)
Quoted: 3873 Post(s)
Liked 4,767 Times in 2,200 Posts
I've got one.
Excellent condition.

A beautiful desk ornament.
Happy to trade (too many desk ornaments).

Pics shortly.
Ooooops, mine is Gran Turismo = sorry.

Last edited by Wildwood; 02-24-21 at 08:54 AM.
Old 02-24-21, 02:21 PM
oneclick 

Well I found the Velox and it is not quite as good as I remember (isn't everything) but here it is anyway. One of the "C" badges has a scrape, there is a bit of a scrape on the bottom end of the outer parallelogram, the hanger has had a few insults, and one of the adjuster-screw springs has a few coils broken off - that's hidden, and likely won't affect function. It's been disassembled, cleaned, lubed, and re-assembled:

This pic to show how much wear - check tooth profile and the chain rivet wear stripe on the inner face of the cage:

Old 02-24-21, 04:53 PM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Thanks for all the help all. It looks like the needed Velox is actually going to be a Campy Gran Turismo, thanks to WildWood. I never even thought to seek out a Gran Tourismo but, once again, Bike Forum members have come to my rescue. Now, I will be able to install a bigger freewheel and I am pretty sure that I have what will work just great at my lake cottage. Will go there on Saturday or Sunday - when the dumps are open for take out business:-) The old Italian lady and I thank you all...

Bye bye Extra...
Old 02-25-21, 10:25 AM
oneclick 

Originally Posted by randyjawa
Thanks for all the help all. It looks like the needed Velox is actually going to be a Campy Gran Turismo, thanks to WildWood.
I guess that means you can stop measuring bling in exposure values and start measuring it in pounds and ounces.
Old 02-25-21, 12:55 PM
randyjawa 

Originally Posted by oneclick
I guess that means you can stop measuring bling in exposure values and start measuring it in pounds and ounces.
In this modern world, of 14 pound road bikes, it strikes me as a non-issue about weight in these old school steeds. Not sure how to measure bling exposure values but a good gauge of appreciation can be judged by the smile on my face, when I finish a project and get to ride it without freezing my lower end stuff off - bummer (pardon the pun).

Anyway, I used to be concerned with weight but no more. The Torpado, with steel fenders and all, comes in at 28 pounds 9 ounces, not a weight weenie wonder, to say the least. But I cannot wait to ride it. as I wait for tires (end of March to get a good deal on 28mm gumwalls) and the Gran Turismo to arrive.

My next project will be a touch under 20 pounds...