Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Anyone familiar with the Bridgestone Grandtech GR-27?

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 04-18-21, 10:57 AM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2178 Post(s)
Liked 4,479 Times in 1,731 Posts

I have been looking for a nice C&V folding bike for a while now. One that not only folds, but also provides a decent alternative to a non-folding bike from both a riding as well as an aesthetic perspective.

The Bridgestone Grandtech GR-27 looks good on paper, but whenever I see one it's rather expensive, so before investing in one I'd like to know more about the ride quality. I've found two comments online so far: "like a folder" and "pretty peppy". Not quite sure what to make of that.

So, if anyone here has any information on how these compare to a "normal" bike, I'd be much obliged.

Old 04-18-21, 05:30 PM
PilotFishBob 
So it goes.

Bikes: A few. Quite a few.

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked 628 Times in 258 Posts
Only that I wish I had one. I've been on the lookout for years now, but these things are hen's teeth outside of Japan. What kills me as I was in Japan in 2019 and didn't even think about it at the time, I could have procured one locally and arranged to have it shipped back to the States. Hindsight....
Old 04-22-21, 12:25 PM
non-fixie 
Shifting is fun!

Bikes: Yes, please.

Mentioned: 275 Post(s)
Quoted: 2178 Post(s)
Liked 4,479 Times in 1,731 Posts
Originally Posted by PilotFishBob
Only that I wish I had one. I've been on the lookout for years now, but these things are hen's teeth outside of Japan. What kills me as I was in Japan in 2019 and didn't even think about it at the time, I could have procured one locally and arranged to have it shipped back to the States. Hindsight....
Thank you for providing all the feedback, PFB!

That kinda proves your point, I thought. So I just picked up the one that was for sale here. Not exactly cheap by my standards, and I still got to run it by mrs non-fixie (it's her size, and therefor her bike), so who knows how I'll feel in half an hour when she gets home.

But for now I am really, really happy.

It is such a cool machine.

Likes For non-fixie:
Old 05-02-22, 12:59 PM
LmsFoldingGR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I Have One

i have been looking for a site in which has a discussion about this particular bike. i came across one but im wondering on what it may cost today? its in excellent condition, a smooth ride.
Old 05-27-23, 12:58 AM
lazarusdal

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
just bought in BKK for traveling

So was planning a trip to Japan from BKK to get away from the heat and I like to cycle 20-30 km every day for cardio and fresh air at 69 always a good thing , I have tried several of the small folders the family has and I found them so inefficient I couldn't stand them as my regular ride is a classic steel Basso in full campy from 1980 ... so I started looking on FB market place as I didn't want to help my good bike through the airports ... and this showed up for 5500 baht or $160 dollars in pretty decent shape , not great Diacompe brakes but that certainly is easily remedied ... rides nice no issues wth flex and again at 69 a bike I don't have to swing my leg over the saddle of is nice , and it can also take 700C x 28 tires which are nice on the substandard roads around where I live ... been in and round bicycle 50 plus years and never saw one of these ... excellently manufactured for sure and 2 other guys in the local club have test ridden it and are impressed as they also like to travel with their bikes and have seen one like this ...
Likes For lazarusdal: