Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Do Ebike’s Rule the Mountains?

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Do Ebike’s Rule the Mountains?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-21, 06:05 PM
Happy Feet

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2236 Post(s)
Liked 1,314 Times in 707 Posts
Originally Posted by Kapusta
So you include and welcome user groups (equestrians and dirt bikers) AFTER they gain access.

But untill then, you don’t.

How is this any different than lobbying to keep eBikes out of areas they are not currently allowed?

You know darn well that the only reason you don’t share those systems with horses and dirtbikes (especially the latter) is because someone decided they were not allowed. And if dirt bikers starting petitioning to be allowed to ride in all those places, hikers, mtbers, and eBikers would be opposing it.

Lobbying to keep eBikes out of a trail system does not preclude working with them if they eventually do gain access. It is just being pragmatic.
What???

Try not to ascribe sinister intent to everything someone says. All I said was this is what I would do in my local area. There are no horses there because there is no parking for horse trailers. Its parallel parking and there are no dirt bikes because it borders a suburban area and there are noise bylaws. The land is privately owned by developers and they aren't interested in creating the necessary infrastructure.

The other area that has dirt bikes is more rural but the trails are all gravity flow and unsuitable for horses. If someone wanted to ride horses there it would be pretty hard to not allow them as it is a shared resource. I suspect some trails would need to be designated multi use bike/hike/horse. The user groups would get together, make a plan and that would be that. It's really not that hard.

I agree with the last paragraph if that's the route one chooses to take, but I suspect the vehemently expressed views here wouldn't be changed if that user group did gain access. And by then, there may have been such bad blood created that the second user group may no longer respect the opinion of the first. It's a gamble.

That is one strategy. Advocate against access for environmental concerns, many of which I share, if one wishes. But I'm not into judging who is justified to ride an e bike or other things that are really none of my business to comment on. I also think in regards to environmental preservation but look ahead at the developing trend (that I think will only increase) to act proactively and set mechanisms in place that create working relationships to build in protection ahead of time, instead of retroactively. That's just how I view this matter.

Last edited by Happy Feet; 05-28-21 at 06:22 PM.