Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

CST BFT tires

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

CST BFT tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-21, 07:39 AM
Ryno317
Member in Training

Bikes: '21 GT Aggressor Pro, '16 Norco 7.1 Storm << son's bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
CST BFT tires

I went to my LBS for some better tires and they offered me some CST BFT tires. The sales person said there similar tread pattern as the Maxxis Minions. I'm not familiar with the brand. Anyone running these or have past experience? I did a search and there's only 1 post not giving it a good review from a few years ago. So I'm looking for 2nd/3rd opinions.
Old 06-15-21, 07:42 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 3,958 Times in 2,646 Posts
In our shop and my previous shop CST stood for Cheap Sitty Tires (but add the "H" in the right spot for maximum usability) I have to bet they make some more decent tires somewhere in the line but everyone I see is usually on a pretty low cost bike.

They are probably cheap enough to give a go but honestly not my jam. Continental, Schwalbe, Challenge and Vittoria are my go to tire brands but I have some Michelins on my MTB and not complaining about them they seem to do quite nicely.
Likes For veganbikes:
Old 06-16-21, 06:42 AM
freeranger

Bikes: 06 Lemond Reno, 98 GT Timberline mtn.bike

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked 699 Times in 436 Posts
CST is Cheng Shin Tires. It is Maxxis' economy grade tire. Haven't used 'em, so can't say good or bad. I didn't word that so great. Cheng Shin is the mfr of both. Like GM makes Chevy and Cadillac. CST is the economy tire,

Last edited by freeranger; 06-17-21 at 06:40 AM.