Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Bib pads for kilo and pursuit

Old 10-18-21, 11:12 AM
itturriko

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Bib pads for kilo and pursuit

Hi all!

Maybe this is only my problem but I want to hear some experiences of some veterans of this forum.

Until now, I've only been doing sprints with drop bars. But now I'm starting to train with aero bars.
Here's the problem. I have a problem with mi bibs and their pads. Those are too wide/thick to have enough confort while in aero position.
I'm thinking of buying triathlon pads and sew them, cause I can't find any bib brand with extra thin pads(all I saw where more or less standard).
Had any of you had this problem? any advice?

thank you all!
Old 10-18-21, 05:58 PM
Minion1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by itturriko
Hi all!

Maybe this is only my problem but I want to hear some experiences of some veterans of this forum.

Until now, I've only been doing sprints with drop bars. But now I'm starting to train with aero bars.
Here's the problem. I have a problem with mi bibs and their pads. Those are too wide/thick to have enough confort while in aero position.
I'm thinking of buying triathlon pads and sew them, cause I can't find any bib brand with extra thin pads(all I saw where more or less standard).
Had any of you had this problem? any advice?

thank you all!
Specialized SL bibs use a thinner chamois, and are race oriented. They work well with their more aggressive saddles, (power, sitero) and I've not really had any issues with them being too thick. A lot of skin suits use relatively thin pads too, but they might not be a good solution for you. You can get a good tailor/alteration shop to swap pads for you, I have some tri shorts with super thin pads I use for casual riding that basically have a very thin, basic foam pad in them.