Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Drafting Ebikes

Old 05-09-21, 09:37 PM
growlerdinky
Duke Ulysses

Bikes: An old orange one for dirt, and for the other stuff: a white one, a kinda mint green one, and a black one.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 86 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Wow, you must be one of those celebrity butt sniffers! If it were anybody else out there strava segment hunting, most would agree with me. But because the dude is a has been racer celebrity, you put him on a pedestal, wow ha ha ha! I'm just a rec rider that has made fools out of mouths on the forum. Sorry if that is popping off to you. To me, the truth is the truth and my competitions are one on one. Not like Phil racing other guys who are riding 10-12 times more than he is. Wow, what a butt kisser! Pfft, you can't even tighten a bolt without thrashing your frame, your opinion means zippo to me!

Obviously
Likes For growlerdinky:
Old 05-10-21, 04:43 AM
mr_pedro

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 75 Times in 48 Posts
Not much drafting of e-bikes here in the Netherlands. Over here e-bikes are either restricted to 17 mph or they are of the speedpedelec type that can do 30 mph. So they are either too slow or too fast to stay behind.
Old 05-10-21, 07:09 AM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,492 Times in 7,316 Posts
Ebikes are cute.
Old 05-10-21, 08:17 AM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10947 Post(s)
Liked 7,473 Times in 4,181 Posts

so much of this thread.
Likes For mstateglfr:
Old 05-10-21, 08:26 AM
indyfabz

Originally Posted by mstateglfr

I don't get it.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 05-10-21, 08:37 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by KPREN
Odd place you live. Around here e bikers fall into three groups. The commuters (about 20%). The over 50 crowd (About 60%) and the mountain e bikers (about 20%). Overpowered e motor cycles are as rare on the bike paths as gasoline dirt bikes and 4 wheel ATV,s
Greenway goes through our backyard separated by a creek. Usually once a day working from home I hear a dirtbike rip down it. The local police have gone on it on their motorcycle once to try to catch a dirtbike guy.

So yeah, when you live off the trails.......you see stuff.
Old 05-10-21, 08:56 AM
indyfabz

Originally Posted by burnthesheep
Greenway goes through our backyard separated by a creek. Usually once a day working from home I hear a dirtbike rip down it. The local police have gone on it on their motorcycle once to try to catch a dirtbike guy.

So yeah, when you live off the trails.......you see stuff.
Last year there were a couple of instances of a guy on a Harley riding a very popular, paved trail in my area. I witnessed one of those instances on a Saturday when the trail was quite crowded. To make matters worse, the sitting between the guy's legs was a young child who, based on her apparent age, looked like she could be his granddaughter.
Old 05-10-21, 11:13 AM
afm199

Bikes: Trek Madone, 2012, Trek Kronos CX Ultimate, 2012

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
I love catching a tow, ebike or not. It's just fun.

When I raced motorcycles, getting a tow at 140 mph was an incredible rush. If you got it just right, it was like 15 free horsepower.
Old 05-12-21, 04:23 PM
pipeliner

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 72 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by UCantTouchThis
Get a tandem wife. Then you get to visit all the local shops at her suggestion. Buy cool stuff on the net, stash bike supplies no questions asked, matter of fact, at her suggestion!
Or a unicorn. Unicorns are nearly as scarce but easier to ride double with.
Likes For pipeliner:
Old 05-12-21, 04:51 PM
themp

Bikes: Specialized Crosstrail

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 44 Posts
On our local MUP a few days ago I came upon two ebike riders that were drafting a group of road bikers. They were coming at me at a very good clip and there was a curve in the MUP, the two ebikes for some reason could not make this curve without swinging out into my side of the MUP. The road bikers stayed on their side. I almost decided to hold my ground but at the last second I moved off into the grass. I am glad I did as they had no clue on slowing down or taking any kind of evasive action to avoid a crash into me. They sped on by me wide eyed.