Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1993 Univega Rover T2.5: How much Chromoly?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-22, 02:23 PM
mattysaurus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

I recently picked up a 1993 Univega T2.5. This model has Chromoly plastered all over it (including “Chromoly Frame Tubing” on a sticker near the BB). I’m curious to know exactly how much of the bike is actually CrMo though. knowyourbike lists it as steel and chromoly, so I'm going to assume the fork is probably Hi-Ten. I know hard rocks of this era used Hi-Ten rear triangles, do you think it’s a similar situation here?
Old 06-21-22, 06:05 PM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Quoted: 4511 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,667 Posts
Originally Posted by mattysaurus
Hi all,

I recently picked up a 1993 Univega T2.5. This model has Chromoly plastered all over it (including “Chromoly Frame Tubing” on a sticker near the BB). I’m curious to know exactly how much of the bike is actually CrMo though. knowyourbike lists it as steel and chromoly, so I'm going to assume the fork is probably Hi-Ten. I know hard rocks of this era used Hi-Ten rear triangles, do you think it’s a similar situation here?
Welcome aboard, glad you found us, you're in the right place.

We need pics, good ones and plenty of them, you need 5 posts X 2 days to post them and in the meantime you can upload them to your homepage so they may get moved here.

I'm not an expert on this but regardless of how much CrMo, Univega did a lot of things right and well, most are very decent to very good. The experts should be along shortly so we'll see.
Old 06-21-22, 06:44 PM
mattysaurus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you for the welcome. I have a couple pics but as you said looks like I can’t post links until I meet the 10 post threshold.I do have a pic of it uploaded to my gallery though.