Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

If I want to be more upright on a hybrid, Is buying the size down an ok idea?

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

If I want to be more upright on a hybrid, Is buying the size down an ok idea?

Old 05-10-22, 12:49 AM
Venturiano

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I would also take the "stem extender" road as Leisesturm suggested.
Old 05-10-22, 09:56 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 6100 Post(s)
Liked 4,732 Times in 3,262 Posts
A stem extender might be okay for a bike already owned. Though I don't care for extenders. Aesthetically they make a bike look silly to me. But in the grand scheme of things you certainly are not obligated to soothe my sense of how something should look.

However if you haven't already bought the bike, wouldn't it make more sense to look for a different model bike with a higher frame stack that is sized for you?
Old 05-11-22, 05:27 PM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4274 Post(s)
Liked 4,712 Times in 2,911 Posts
Originally Posted by Leisesturm
The M to L thing is a zero sum. The L has a higher stack, it also has a longer reach! If you want to sit up more you MUST get a stem extender and call it good. They are cheap, easily installed and I'm sorry, I had to skip a whole bunch of posts that were confusing the issue to a very high degree (swidt?).
https://www.flickr.com/photos/430814.../shares/x79caQ
Or you could just get the bike with the higher stack and fit a shorter stem. For me a stem extender would be the absolute last resort.
Likes For PeteHski: