Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Rouvy

Old 03-18-22, 11:07 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by Pokerix
Kayakindude, can you tell how to drop in on a course eg halfway?
Ride in training mode (only training mode supports this), drag your avatar where you want along the route profile at the bottom of the screen.
Old 03-18-22, 04:00 PM
kayakindude

Bikes: 1987 Cannondale SR600/BioPace, 1991 Cannondale Road Tandem,1994 Giant Iguana MB, 2009 Airnimal Chameleon, 2016 Dahon Vybe C7A

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 63 Posts
Been awhile since I rode indoor with the wife but you just drag your icon to any point on the route. Note this only for solo rides, not group riding or racing.
Old 03-19-22, 12:24 AM
Pokerix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kayakindude
Been awhile since I rode indoor with the wife but you just drag your icon to any point on the route. Note this only for solo rides, not group riding or racing.
Thanx
Old 03-20-22, 03:31 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked 1,169 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by surak
Ride in training mode (only training mode supports this), drag your avatar where you want along the route profile at the bottom of the screen.
Hey there, while riding Rouvy on Saturday i noticed a user name similar to yours and had to double check, yep, same images. good to see a fellow BF member riding. How did you like that route? A lot of climbing but nothing too steep. i had lunch then got on the bike, should have waited a bit longer because i started to cramp up during the second half of the last long climb. Very pretty scenery. Not sure if you noticed but i think the switch backs were numbered, i noticed around #25, i'm a bit slow.

-scott
Old 03-20-22, 10:55 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 725 Times in 436 Posts
Originally Posted by spelger
Hey there, while riding Rouvy on Saturday i noticed a user name similar to yours and had to double check, yep, same images. good to see a fellow BF member riding. How did you like that route? A lot of climbing but nothing too steep. i had lunch then got on the bike, should have waited a bit longer because i started to cramp up during the second half of the last long climb. Very pretty scenery. Not sure if you noticed but i think the switch backs were numbered, i noticed around #25, i'm a bit slow.

-scott
Cool, I wasn't really paying attention because I've been mostly doing Z2 rides with Rouvy on my laptop screen while watching TV. Those Pedalitaly routes for the challenge were all very nice though.
Old 03-24-22, 08:00 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
There is a zwift challenger, unfortunately I forget what it's called.
And doesn't that just sum it up? ;-)

Kidding aside, I'd like to see an alternative as well. But Zwift has market share, which is really hard for a competitor to overcome.
Old 03-24-22, 08:39 AM
dmanthree

Bikes: Garmin/Tacx Bike Smart

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 646 Post(s)
Liked 289 Times in 191 Posts
Originally Posted by unterhausen
There is a zwift challenger, unfortunately I forget what it's called. Looked pretty good. They might actually make it so you don't ride through anyone else.
Just saw this:
Old 04-02-22, 06:21 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,662 Times in 2,496 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one of those steering devices just so I don't ride through people
Old 04-02-22, 06:31 AM
Ed Wiser

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Sadly steering doesn’t do this. It is a useless feature.