Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Control size of images

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-21, 06:18 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Krampus

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 3,427 Times in 2,534 Posts
Control size of images

I like to post images by grabbing a url, and pasting it into this thread/post textbox like (IMG)url(/IMG)
(except with square brackets, but if I do that here, it will try to interpret them)

Are there keywords I can use to control the size the image is rendered? interwebz says opening tag like IMG=200x400 should work, but it doesn't.

I could download (and shrink) and upload, but it would be quicker and easier if I could just paste in the image url and type the tags around it like I"m used to
Old 11-19-21, 06:19 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Example: this image is too big:

Old 11-19-21, 06:42 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 965 Post(s)
Liked 1,629 Times in 1,045 Posts
I no longer paste url's. Sometimes they would go through and often they did not. I use the duckduckgo search engine so now its even harder as the url's are truncated. I now download the image then open the image in a simple application called Mtpaint. I then "Scale Canvas" and try to keep my images around 450 to 600 pixels unless I am posting a pic that needs detail. All in all this forum appears to try to keep things simple. It's not a bad thing as that does ensure multi-platform compatibility. Especially for me using Debian Linux on a not so fast but very stable old computer.

You can also click on Source. From there you can adjust the pixel size of the image posted. I only do this when I am quoting someone else and do not need the full size picture re-posted in the quote.

Of course ya know this...
Old 11-19-21, 06:44 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Originally Posted by zandoval
I no longer paste url's. Sometimes they would go through and often they did not. I use the duckduckgo search engine so now its even harder as the url's are truncated. I now download the image then open the image in a simple application called Mtpaint. I then "Scale Canvas" and try to keep my images around 450 to 600 pixels unless I am posting a pic that needs detail. All in all this forum appears to try to keep things simple. It's not a bad thing as that does ensure multi-platform compatibility. Especially for me using Debian Linux on a not so fast but very stable old computer.
That's exactly the kind of workflow I am not willing to do. I'd rather just leave the image too big. I have also been getting urls from duckduckgo searches, and I haven't had any problems (yet)

You can also click on Source. From there you can adjust the pixel size of the image posted. I only do this when I am quoting someone else and do not need the full size picture posted too.
Tell me more about this, I've been in source/advanced, but what does 'adjust the pixel size' mean?
Old 11-20-21, 01:58 PM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Originally Posted by RubeRad
...Tell me more about this, I've been in source/advanced, but what does 'adjust the pixel size' mean?
By clicking Source I can adjust the size of the image.

Here is the image at 1/8th the size ie: 99x172
Originally Posted by RubeRad
Example: this image is too big:

Old 11-20-21, 09:38 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Ah that's interesting. I might be able to use that someday.

But I made the mistake of copying the url for the picture from somebody else's post, they had uploaded it to BF. The original came straight from duckduckgo

Old 11-20-21, 09:39 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

pasting that URL like [ IMG ] url [/ IMG ] works but no resizing

pasting the url into the BF picture menu doesn't work
Old 11-21-21, 01:37 PM
zandoval 

Some url addresses are very long in both duckduckgo and other browsers so they don't load well to BF. Here is a url image address I uploaded. When clicking Source I can adjust the size of the image displayed...