Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

I tip my chapeau to Wahoo

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-22, 06:47 PM
Buzzkill53120

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 2019, Trek Trek Madone 5.1 (2011), Trek 1400 (1991)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked 74 Times in 33 Posts

I bought a Wahoo Kickr back in October '20. Great trainer, worked flawlessy until 12 days ago. I was JRA when all of a sudden it started making horrible scraping sounds. I'm about 6 months out of warranty, so I'm figuring I'm on the hook for the repair and shipping.

So filed a ticket with Wahoo. They ask me to take a 10 second video of the trainer in action. Wahoo emailed me back and said to ship my unit to them (sent me a pre-paid shipping label). Once they got ship notification, they shipped me a refurb unit at no cost to me.

So I'm quite pleased with the outcome. It was way out of warranty, did not give me a hard time, and they paid all shipping and got this done in less than 2 weeks.
Likes For Buzzkill53120:
Old 03-16-22, 07:53 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked 1,181 Times in 687 Posts
good for you! that is great! your experience is far better than mine but i was still happy with my situation. see

https://www.bikeforums.net/indoor-st...ner-broke.html

should this happen again i will be taking it to a local welder.