Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Trek FX Sport 4 Carbon Blendr Compatibility

Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Old 10-09-22, 07:18 PM
bigevil

Bikes: Aethos + Checkpoint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts

Hola all
My wife has a 2021 Trek Fx Sport 4 Carbon we bought during the pandemic which she loves.
it was purchased brand new from a Trek Retailer store here and never modified aside from throwing a 38T wolf tooth chainring on the front(she really hates climbing!)

The bike specs say It came with the Bontrager Elite Stem in 100mm which is Blendr compatable but no matter how many times we try our Blendr mount(s) it will not fit around the bar the bike came with (Satellite Plus IsoZone). Is it possible that the bike comes with a Blendr compatable stem but not blendr compatable bar? if both are 31.8mm it should all work right? Any insight would be incredible cause I’m scratching my head and going a bit crazy here.
Old 10-09-22, 07:35 PM
raqball

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Liked 221 Times in 121 Posts
Originally Posted by bigevil
Hola all
My wife has a 2021 Trek Fx Sport 4 Carbon we bought during the pandemic which she loves.
it was purchased brand new from a Trek Retailer store here and never modified aside from throwing a 38T wolf tooth chainring on the front(she really hates climbing!)

The bike specs say It came with the Bontrager Elite Stem in 100mm which is Blendr compatable but no matter how many times we try our Blendr mount(s) it will not fit around the bar the bike came with (Satellite Plus IsoZone). Is it possible that the bike comes with a Blendr compatable stem but not blendr compatable bar? if both are 31.8mm it should all work right? Any insight would be incredible cause I’m scratching my head and going a bit crazy here.
Are you using the correct Blendr for your stem? Bontrager makes different adapters based on their different stems and base. If you have the Elite stem make sure you are using a base thats made for the Elite.

I use Blendr for my Garmin and Ion front light and had not fitment issues at all..

You can see all the options here.

https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/b...blendr_how_to/
Likes For raqball:
Old 10-09-22, 08:24 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
What Ragball said. The FX stem uses a different base mount than the something like the Domane would use. I know, because my wife has that same bike and the mount I used on my 2021 Domane will not work on her bike. The new Domane, I just got Saturday has a completely new stem design and would require a different base mounts. , so I just said screw that, and I bought a K-Edge that allows me to mount my Garmin up top and light below just like I did with the Blender, but now, I can put on any bike I have in the future.

Last edited by jaxgtr; 10-10-22 at 10:02 PM.
Likes For jaxgtr:
Old 10-09-22, 09:51 PM
bigevil

Bikes: Aethos + Checkpoint

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 21 Posts
I do indeed believe as the mount I have says it’s compatible with the Elite stems, not sure that's the issue. here it is Blendr mount

Last edited by bigevil; 10-10-22 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-10-22, 10:07 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7, Trek Emonda ALR, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked 1,666 Times in 980 Posts
Originally Posted by bigevil
I do indeed believe as the mount I have says it’s compatible with the Elite stems, not sure that's the issue. here it is Blendr mount

Check this against your stem: It will show you exactly what mount works with each stem.

Likes For jaxgtr: