Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Forum Suggestions & User Assistance
Reload this Page >

Email Notification and PM Notification of Expiring Membership

Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-22, 03:59 PM
The Golden Boy 
Extraordinary Magnitude

Bikes: 1978 Trek TX700; 1978/79 Trek 736; 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper Sport; 1984 Schwinn Voyageur SP; 1985 Trek 620; 1985 Trek 720; 1986 Trek 400 Elance; 1987 Schwinn High Sierra; 1990 Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2607 Post(s)
Liked 1,695 Times in 934 Posts

I just wanted this to be in its own thread...

Much like these two- I got the messages saying my membership was expiring- yet no PM on the site. The email notification was saying my subscription ends in 1 day- that was sent around 1 PM, then at 5 I got the email notification that my account had expired.

Originally Posted by CO_Hoya
I received a pair of apparent spam emails trying to convince me to click on some links regarding my Premium Membership. See below.

I haven't been on here recently, but when I did log on today, my account appears to be paid and I have no unread PMs.

I assume that this is a sophisticated phishing attempt by someone who is familiar with the format and language of the normal auto-generated email alerts.

Originally Posted by ThermionicScott
I just got the same thing as @CO_Hoya, but checking my account, I'm paid up through next year.

Commence to jigglin’ huh?!?!

"But hey, always love to hear from opinionated amateurs." -says some guy to Mr. Marshall.
Old 10-12-22, 03:14 PM
IBJoel
Administrator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked 224 Times in 146 Posts
This was our tech team doing something. The "stg" is our non-live, "staging" site that techs use to test before rolling onto the live site. You can ignore these. Sorry about that
Likes For IBJoel: