Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Where to buy threaded cogs?

Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Old 11-03-22, 10:06 PM
ilchymis
A.K.A. purple fork man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts

Where can I buy threaded fixed-gear cogs (3/32") for a reasonable price?

I recently got a used Cutter Bones singlespeed/fixed gear bike on the cheap for doing errands around town. But the singlespeed freewheel needs replacement, and while I wait for that order to arrive I've switched it over to a fixed gear setup.

Turns out it's kinda fun as a fixed-gear bike, but I want a smaller cog for that (going from 18 teeth to maybe 16). So where do you all get your threaded cogs? I saw that Surly sells some, but for like $30 a piece, which seems excessive. Ideally I'd like to get a set of cogs in the range of 14-17 teeth to experiment and see what works for me, if they can be had cheaper.
Old 11-05-22, 06:10 AM
IAmSam

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 273 Times in 136 Posts
I am a many year 3/32" drive train adherent. Most of mine are Surly and Soma which are kind of a step down from the really good stuff. But if their $30-ish price is still high for you...I won't insult you with a "Let Me Google It"...meme but that is my answer. There are tons of lower-priced "consumable" types of 3/32 cogs out there if you just search. Good luck...

Last edited by IAmSam; 11-05-22 at 06:15 AM. Reason: ooops
Old 11-05-22, 08:32 AM
TugaDude

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked 612 Times in 447 Posts
These folks appear to have some decent-looking cogs at reasonable prices.

https://www.randombikeparts.com/coll...g-threaded-new

Likes For TugaDude: