Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

N minus 1

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

N minus 1

Old 09-30-22, 11:30 AM
groovestew

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 33 Posts
N minus 1

Yesterday, I said goodbye to this beauty.

I bought it off another forum member over 10 years ago, and initially I rode the snot out of it on daily commutes and some occasional longer rides. I got many compliments on the bike, and for good reason - it's a classic and still has most of its Campagnolo hardware.

After I got my fixed gear (about 8 years ago) I rode the Bianchi less and less. Geometry-wise, the bikes were nearly identical, but I liked the simplicity of the fixed gear as well as the more modern handlebar/hoods setup. A few months ago, I realized I hadn't ridden this bike in over three years. I have other bikes that I honestly enjoy riding more. It wasn't easy letting it go, but the idea of owning a classic wasn't enough to justify (for myself) keeping it around. I sold it to a nice young man whose last bike was destroyed in a collision with a car. I think it's in good hands and will get the attention it deserves.

I have another old road bike that I'm also trying to get rid of, and once that's gone, I will be looking to add back to the stable. Sometimes it's good and necessary to subtract before you add.

Last edited by groovestew; 09-30-22 at 11:31 AM. Reason: grammar
Likes For groovestew:
Old 10-18-22, 04:19 AM
fat biker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
Yes, a beuatiful bike. I hope the new owner ejnjoys it for miles and miles and miles.

Me? N-1, not gonna happen. I have one bike, bought new in 1974. Schwinn LeTour (Panasonic). It was love at first ride, and I was not shopping for a bike.

fat biker
Old 10-18-22, 11:32 PM
tFUnK

Bikes: Too many bikes, too little time to ride

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked 452 Times in 311 Posts
That's great you were able to re-home it to someone who will take it to the tarmac more often. Lately I've been thinking similar thoughts about bikes that I thought I would never get rid of. Having a classic bike in the stable is nice but sometimes you've got to be honest with yourself about what you really need and what you can let go. The thought of being able to replace it with something nicer is sometimes a good motivator, too.