Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Sleep

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-22, 06:24 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10961 Post(s)
Liked 4,616 Times in 2,120 Posts
Let's try to keep on topic and also, please don't post political content. Help with sleep is one thing, political stuff is another.

Old 11-08-22, 02:00 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1066 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Originally Posted by GhostRider62
Could be sleep apnea or a heart problem or chronic pain or just old age or medication side effects or a combination of those and others.
Let's see - sleep apnea - still here breathing so I'm not dead from suffocation
.................heart problem - while in Blake Trauma Center in 2020 after being hit by a wild hog at 1:25AM while on a bike ride 'cause sleep is not that important for me, the nurse woke me up and asked if I was feeling okay as did the Cardiologist 'cause my heart stopped for a couple of seconds.
.................chronic pain - is there any other kind ????
................just old age - 72 now so that depends on perspective
.................medication side effects - will have to look into my cancer meds to see if it's mentioned
............... a combination - been sleep deprived since my 20's so that's not it

Originally Posted by GhostRider62
............................................. Now, I rarely sleep more than 5 hours due to issues. So, I hear you.
WOW!!!! You get 5 hours at ONE TIME or is it in split shifts???

3AM
and I've been up for 3 hours after 2 hours of sleep. Getting ready to dress and go walk the decks and do the stairs on the cruise ship I'm on heading to Cozumel. Might as well then stay up to watch the Lunar Eclipse
Likes For OldTryGuy:
Old 11-11-22, 03:46 AM
fat biker

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 38 Times in 25 Posts
I would like to suggest a fascinating book on the subject of sleep.
The Promise of Sleep, by Wiliam C. Dement.

You coulsd say the late Dr. Dement was the Founding Father of modern sleep science.
Good sleep is esential go good health and this book covers much ground.

fat biker