Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

First tandem order

Search
Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

First tandem order

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-10, 09:04 AM
arrowman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First tandem order

My wife and I went to the tandem Expo this weekend and ordered our first tandem. I have to admit I was quite suprised by how many people were there and how far they came for the Expo. Everyone there was very nice and seemed almost as excited as we were, that we were ordering our first tandem. It was great to talk with all the different kinds of riders. Hopefully in a couple months we, too will be able to post a photo of happy tandem riders. For those who saw my early post I went with 700c wheels and had them handbuilt.

Last edited by arrowman; 03-29-10 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-29-10, 11:34 AM
CoMotionRider

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What did you order? I wish I could of made the Expo but I had other things I had to do. Would you recomend the Expo? Is is about a 4 hour drive to it from me. Thanks
Old 03-29-10, 04:06 PM
arrowman

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This was our first Tandem Expo. We went with the intention of ordering a bike, but still had questions about the strengths and weakness of different options. We got to see first hand what things look like and how they perform. Would I have driven four hours to go, yes I think I would have. Keep in mind that it is easy for me to say, because I can’t drive and my wife would have had to do the driving. We would have probably tied something else into the trip, like camping. We did not have a tandem or the experience to participate in the group ride scheduled on Sunday. It looked like they were having fun.

It was pleasing to see young and old, thin and not so thin, sporty and leisurely riders all together searching for something special. Will we go back? My guess would be yes. I saw several couples there who had bought a bike the year before and were there to look at the eye candy.

We ordered a DaVinci Joint Venture.
Old 03-29-10, 09:59 PM
rdtompki

Bikes: Volagi, daVinci Joint Venture

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Arrowman,
Congratulations on your fine purchase. No need to be bashful about your counter-culture tandem choice. There is a growing underground of us daVinci tandemists. You have an excellent conversation starter as tandem and 1/2-bike riders alike try to figure out what the extra chain and double-sprocket thing-a-ma-ching is doing on your tandem.